Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Rugrat number two is HOME! We got in just a bit ago and I'm so happy to be out of the hospital bed. I get way too bored just sitting and sitting and sitting. I begged for them to let us go home today- and since little boy miller was born yesterday in the morning- they allowed us to be discharged because we'd been there over twenty-four hours. Kent also made it home just in time for his clinical skills lab - today they get to do genital exams! I told him that my labor should have just counted.

about the little rugrat- so far things are great! he just sleeps. I got a good night's sleep last night and I'm hoping for at least one more before he turns into a real baby and starts demanding things from me.

I want to record all of the past twenty-four hours' events- but it may take a few days to get it all posted so if you don't care to know it all (or to see some of the gorier details of having a baby)- just don't read the blog for a day or two :)

Oh, and we are pretty sure that he's got a name-
Friedrick Hinckley Miller
aka "Ike"
aka (by my mom) freddy

We've got quite a few Friedrick's on both sides of our family history- and we love the name! I think Ike and Zeb sound great together and my mom thinks freddy and zebby match. Call him what you like- we'll see what sticks (I like Ike).

In some terribly unfortunate news- this kid has got one NASTY head of hair. He'll be getting the miller buzz cut in a few days. Take a look at this old man hair. It's almost a mullet. ewww.

20 comments:

Linz said...

I like Ike too! He is darling! I am glad that you are home and doing well! Congratulations again!

tiffany said...

i like ike also lenny & amanda have an ike he is way to cute cingrarulations again glad everything is going well for you

boysmum2 said...

Ike is different, but I like it, Freddy is cute too, so what ever. Glad you are home, things always run smoother when you are in your own place and can just get on and do things.
Well done, he is great

Lizzie said...

CONGRATS Leisy & Kent! How exciting to welcome #2. I love the name - espeically the middle name :) Glad you are feeling great. Happy new baby!

Larry and Cindy said...

I think an Ike Rasmussen, Ike Taylor, and Ike Miller in this family is Great.I think Grandpa Taylors(Don)father James Issac Taylor or Ike as we all knew him by would be happy to hear we all love that name. Great Job, I hope we can get together soon. Larry

yaya said...

He's adorable! I think he looks like Zeb. Congrats to you all!

Laney said...

man that is a nasty looking head of hair. gross. please cut it fast.

M- your favorite said...

What a sweet baby! His hair is quit funny-so a good cut will be nice. He is so snug. I want to hold him!

What does Zeb think? does he like Ike?

Erin said...

wicked mullet. I'm calling the kid ike.

Jason & Shannon said...

Jason said he has a skullet. Haha.

taylor and laney said...

When Laney told me that Kent had a gential examination today, I was a bit concerned, only to be reassured that they were examining the cadavers. Whew! I thought, "What kind of a medical school is this!!" Hope he passed.

Kent and Leisy said...

he was NOT examining cadavers, laney. real people get paid to be fake patients!

Katy said...

Very cute name! Love it. Ike is good too. Glad that you made it home!

P.S. I don't think you could ever pay me enough to be a fake patient for a genital exam. That is outragous!

Renae said...

Congrats and welcome home. Friedrick is also the cute Vonn Trapp kid's name from Sound of Music, so another bonus.jk
The mullet shows he's been sitting low for awhile.
He's sooo cute. Enjoy!

Laney said...

ewww! That is horrible. just horrible. At least they weren't examining each other.

The Ziemers said...

Welcome home baby Ike! I like Ike! Please, Please, Please do not cut his hair! I love it!

Julie Sacks said...

He is very very cute! He looks a lot like his brother. The name Ike is very cute too, but I don't get how it comes from the whole name.

Pam and Rand said...

What a cute baby! His old man hair looks like a much older baby that rubbed it off. Funny! Congratulation. I like Ike too, course I'm biased. I'm glad you're doing well enough to come home after 24 hours. Hope everyone continues to do well!

Amy and Craig said...

I'm glad you got a pic of the nasty old man hair! I can't believe you're going to cut it!

Larry and Cindy said...

What an adorable baby!!! Of course, my vote is Ike also!!! It is a great name Zeb and Ike sound so great together!!! I LOVE NEW BABIES!!! i WANT TO HOLD HIM & smell his head, it makes my mouth water just thinking of a new born!!! Kent, Leisy, Zeb and Ike what a perfect family.Best wishes to all of you and be sure and sleep every chance you get. Like when both the boys are asleep for a nap you sleep too!!! Sleep deprivation is a horrid thing so sleep every chance you get and just to help you out I will do some sleeping for ya 'K? Love Ya'll TOTALLY!!! Auntie Cindy P.S. I am out of jail...it just wasn't for me...scary place inmates and co workers!!!