Thursday, May 14, 2009

good news. bad news.

the good.
It's late- and I'm tired- but I don't have to get up early tomorrow morning so I'll post a little something before going to bed.
I'm a sucker for free stuff. I am also a sucker for mail. I've been checking out a lot of the crazy coupon blogs around and I found this one that I LOVE. It's called freebies 4 mom. I bet I've signed up for at least twenty or so samples of stuff in the past few days. Everything from lotion to candy bars to turkey to cereal. I just stick it on trusty google reader (to which I am morally opposed by the way- but that's another post for another day) and get my free stuff.

Oh- and other good news- we got airline tickets home for metta's wedding for 117 dollars!! ROUNDTRIP!!

the bad.
Here's a picture of what we were going to do when Kent finished the boards in June. Any guesses on which lovely city it is?!It's Toronto. We were going to ditch the rugrats in Buffalo and take a few days to escape and have fun. Kent just informed me yesterday that he's not allowed to leave the country this summer because of active duty restrictions. booooo. I may just have to go without him. Any suggestions on what we should do now? It needs to be close driving distance to buffalo- and very exciting.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh man! What a bummer. Weren't you considering DC?
Or if you can find amazing tickets like you did for Utah, just go to any one of the fifty states!

Amy and Craig said...

You could go to Lake George, or better yet, go to Boston, it's only 6 hrs from Boston. Probably not close enough, huh? well... I'll think on it. We did a New England tour and so much fun. Maine, Plymouth, Boston, Salem, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Rhode Island. We only skipped Cooperstown NY.

Jon said...

I'd say NYC and see a broadway or Boston.

Wanamakers said...

Here's another vote for Boston! There's no better place to be for the 4th of July than Boston if you can swing that date!

And, there's a free dinner in it for you if you come! :)