Wednesday, May 27, 2009

fall #2

So, yeah. I'm a klutz. A complete moron. I fell again. Last time I fell on my knee. I was seven months pregnant and had just finished a run. Today I had Ike in my arms and I had just finished my run. I was actually holding him in the arm that you see pictured. He escaped unscathed. I, on the other hand, have this lovely PAINFUL battle wound and a myriad of other bruises dotting my body. My hip hurts the worst. I can't believe I didn't drop Ike or squish him or scrape him or anything. As I checked him for wounds I realized that I was gushing blood all over the backseat of our car so I put him in his carseat and he fell asleep immediately. I thought for sure this meant he had a concussion or something. He was totally fine- just tired. And I must have nicked a large vessel in my arm because this thing was a bleeder. There was blood all over the road, in our car, on the carseat, and all over the napkins and wet wipes I used to try and clean it.

After Kent came home to clean my wounds (I won't rip off my own bandaids let alone dig gravel out of my cuts) and convince me that Ike was in fact not in a concussion induced coma (he really does love me), I took the kiddos to playgroup. There's a little park that sits next to some railroad tracks- and today a train came by. Zeb was ecstatic. All of the little train loving boys were beyond excited. Could there be a better playgroup activity than this? A real train! The conductor even waved and honked his horn for the little audience.
My body is still nice and sore tonight- and sleeping may be tricky- but hopefully tomorrow will be better.

7 comments:

Laney said...

that's a gross picture. were you alone when you fell? Did you cry?

Amy and Craig said...

I bet today is worse, as in you're more sore than yesterday. Sorry you got hurt! i do love battle wound pix and fabulous bruises.

Kent and Leisy said...

laney- nobody saw me. and I did NOT cry. I almost cried when I called Kent- but I kept it together. I was too worried about ike I think.

M- your favorite said...

GOOD NIGHT LEISY! I am sorry! I am glad to hear that Ike is okay and you came out of it with only a sctach. I hate falling. I have VERY weak ankles that flop from side to side and I almost fall all the time. Luckly I don't fall often just twisted my ankles a lot.

The kids watching the train is so cute! I love it! Zeb is such a cutie!

Michelle said...

OWchee!! I'm so sorry Leisy! There is nothing worse than thinking something could be wrong with your own kiddos. I'm glad Ikey is okay. Hopefully you are feeling better too.

I'm impressed about the no crying. :)

Great train pics!! So cute.

Pat and Brent said...

There must be some kind of instinctive reaction that makes you sacrifice yourself to save your child. Sorry you got wounded like that. I fell once when I was carrying Kent down some steps in the dark. I had no idea if Kent was hurt but he was totally fine. It's a very frightening experience! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Renae said...

OUCH is right. Maybe it's best to take a couple minutes after you're done running and do nothing, just stay on both feet. :) I'm sorry!

I tripped going up the stairs, holding Avery and banged my shin hard. I ended up passing out.

Good job protecting the cherubs.