Monday, May 11, 2009

so sorry- but it's FREE!!!

Sorry if you are all sick of the free deals I keep running into. I'm trying to turn into one of the crazy coupon cutting crazy moms- and it's starting to be semi productive! Most of the deals I find are just from random websites about coupons or freebies. This one is one of my favorites yet! I've been in desperate need of mousse and wanted some good stuff- but didn't want to shell out the money. Right now at rite-aid (it ends TOMORROW the 12th) they have "fat-tastic got-2-be mousse" regularly 6.89 for FREE. You have to do an online rebate- but who cares!? It's FREE. and makes your hair fat-tastic! You can choose a few other got-2-be products instead if you don't want that stuff. Happy moussing!!


Oh- and apparently I am the LAST person on Earth to figure out how incredibly easy freezer jam is to make?! It was my first time ever- and the jam came out perfectly. I think it's a pretty fail safe method. I whipped up this batch in thirty minutes today. That includes chopping-mixing-and clean-up. If you haven't done it before- do it now while the strawberries are ripe and cheap! I found these cute little freezer jam containers at walmart for super cheap too!
I can't wait to try making raspberry and peach!!

5 comments:

taylor and laney said...

when you figure out how to make it with splenda, let me know! and yeah I think you are the last one to know how easy it is to make it.

Kent and Leisy said...

you make it the same way with splenda- just get the low sugar/splenda pectin. splenda jam is kinda nasty though.

Emily Frame said...

go you! i ruined my 1st batch of raspberry jam. i didn't know it was possible. but it is.

Rachael said...

You know what? The canned stuff isn't a whole lot harder!! and I LOVE those jam containers, too! We have tons and they've been the kids favorite cups once they are back in the tupperware cupboard!

I made peach before and my family didn't love it. Maybe raspberry peach would be good. Raspberry is definitely our favorite. MMMMm..... so good on waffles.... tastes like summer!

Michelle said...

Mmmmmmmm. I love homemade jams.

Good job, Leisy!!