Sunday, May 10, 2009

Today was by far my best mother's day yet. I know- I've only actually had two where I had a child of my own- three if you count when zeb was an eight month fetus- but today was great! and it didn't have all that much to do with Zeb or Ike anyway.
Kent let me sleep in. Oh- how I miss the days of waking when I pleased. And then he made me breakfast- crepes with strawberry cream cheese and cool whip filling - yum-o. and then he showered me with gifts. I am a sucker for presents of every kind. I just love them. Nothing expensive- nothing fancy- just something to unwrap that's a surprise.

After breakfast we went on a walk at one of the most fabulous parks EVER. The weather was slightly chilly- with sun. PERFECT walk weather.

After our walk we returned home for church. Kent didn't have any meeting beforehand and that was wonderful. I really enjoyed being able to get ready without whiners/criers/attention seekers at my feet. Church was fabulous too.

When we got home Kent made a wonderful dinner and cleaned up the mess. Now we are finishing up harry potter and eating ice cream. I couldn't have asked a for a better day.

I've included some pictures of Z and Ike since that's ALL my family wants to see :)


The park today really was astounding. I LOVE spring and don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to Utah where spring just can't compete with the greenery elsewhere. The green and blossoms right now are breathtaking.


Zeb was in heaven on our walk.

He RAN and RAN.
and RAN some more.
We barely got him to stand still for this picture. He was so excited to go under the tunnel.Ike is such a cute little guy right now. He is unexplicably mellow. He just smiles and sits.

Here he appears to be flashing me a gang sign of some sort. Notice the tough face.Thanks for the perfect day, ralph ! and happy mother's day, mum. You are the best. and happy mother's day pat! I couldn't have found a better mother in law!

9 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

wow! awesome pix of ike! Happy Mother's Day! I love you guys!

Michelle said...

AHHHahahahahahhahaha! That last pic of Ike is so dang funny! VERY tough lookin' dude! And I'm just in love with his sweet, mellow smile.

SUCH a gorgeous place!! I wish we could just transport in time and be there with you guys and the beautiful green-ness. Wow. Just breath-taking from the photos. Spring here in Utah this year has pretty much been nil. Lame-O! Mom and Dad's yard looks pretty Spring-y and green, though. :)

Miss you guys SO many!!

Laney said...

i love the running pics of zeb. he's real funny.

Jenni said...

Hey, what park were you at? I need to get better acquainted with the parks here...
Also, LOVE the picture of Ike flashing a gang sign.... hahahahha

Cynthia said...

Ike's gang sign is a little unnerving. Please don't let him recruit Spencer!
Glad you had a fabulous mother's day. So did the bridge finally get fixed (or am i confusing bridges?)

Kent and Leisy said...

jenni- it's wildwood park up on central! you should go - the place is beautiful! and

cyndi- yep, different bridge. but we checked out the swan creek bridge on saturday and they are making progress. My guess is another month at least! are you guys home?!

M- your favorite said...

I am glad to hear you had a great Mother's day. Kent is pretty awesome with things like that. Your kids a darling and I miss them so much. Happy Mothers day.

yaya said...

Happy Mother's Day! Looks like you had a fun, fun day...You have a wonderful hubby and cute kiddos!

Pat and Brent said...

Glad to hear your mother's day was so great. You deserve it. It looks so beautiful there and the kids are so darling. Love the chubber tough guy.