Sunday, May 17, 2009

Zeb is so inquisitive and so smart. The kid is starting to read! It's mostly word recognition- but he's pretty good at figuring out new small words when we go over the letters with him! He's loved "Stop" signs forever and obviously knows that they say stop. The past week on our runs we have passed these "slow" signs and I would stop and go over the letters with him. Now he yells "slow" whenever we run by them. He can also recognize these words on his magna doodle when we write them out (along with other basics like mom, dad, zeb, dog, pizza, etc). It really is so fun to see him figuring it all out.
Ike still just hangs out and smiles. I love this picture of him with his eyes closed. It reminds me so much of little zebby.
Here is our little one in his new Sunday outfit from gma Pat! Thanks so much! I LOVE little boys in cute sunday clothes.












Oh- and for you deal watchers... I've added the new "free" section to the upper right corner of my blog. My goal is to post freebies and great deals there. I can't promise that it will be updated every day- but I'll try. Today I added the cheap "taste of home" cookbooks. I love their recipes- and these cookbooks are a steal! Oh- and Grandma O- is the ground beef one the one that you have a recipe in?!

9 comments:

Pat and Brent said...

Zebby is amazing! What a smarty!
He's not even 2 yet!!
Ike is adoreable. Glad you got the outfit before he's grown out of it. He's growing super fast.

Michelle said...

I am just in love with how cute Ike is!! He looks so adorable and handsome. I really the like the #1 shirt too. :)

I am so amazed with Zebby-pants ... smarty-pants!! WOW. Very impressive.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and growing so fast! I love momhood!

Lindsay said...

Love the smile pics of Ike. And love that Zeb is starting to read. (I think it's the speech therapist in me)

I tried my first freebie from your blog. I put in for the free pizza coupon. Can't wait. And while I was at it, I downloaded the Coldplay album. Why not. Thanks!

M- your favorite said...

Zeb is amazing! Ike is so dang cute! I don't think you guys could be more blessed! They are so dang fun!

dockters said...

I love your FREEBIE stuff! You are great at finding deals!

And Zeb really is so smart to know all of his letters, etc so early!! Ike's going to spouting off his ABC's before you know it!

Unknown said...

I keep forgetting to comment, but Zeb reaminds me a lot of Jansen. Especially that post a little while ago about "seeing" letters everywhere and in everything.

Unknown said...

Yes.....I have a recipe in the Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook.
Page 80. Your boys are so cute!
Grandma Carol

Janell said...

Thanks for linking to my cook book post! I bought 2! It really is a great deal!