Saturday, May 23, 2009

the loooongest day

It started at 4:30am. I am pooped.
This morning I got up at four thirty to be at the church before five to head to the temple. We had a youth temple trip for baptisms and I am so glad that I got to go!! minus the earliness - I LOVED it. We took the two and half hour (each way) roadtrip in our bishop's fifteen passenger air conditionerless rickety van. It was a blast.
With boards approaching so quickly- it was a big sacrifice for Kent to stay home with the squidlets- but I am so thankful that he did. He did get up at 4:30 with me so he could get in study time before the rugrats woke up though! and he's studying now (9:45 pm).

At 7:30, just as our crazies woke up, two fabulous visitors arrived!! Cousins Justin and Aaron drove ALL stinking night and showed up on the doorstep this morning begging for some beds to crash in! It really worked out quite nicely because they crashed until 12:30 ish- and woke up just as I arrived home. We had a nice lunch- a quick chat- and off they drove to DC. I hope they get some normal sleep tonight!! We love visitors- even if they do just want free room and board for a few hours! Thanks for dropping by Aaron and Justin.Kent and the boys had a day full of adventure. He took them grocery shopping and then to the community health fair on campus. Zeb was in heaven spending the day with just Kent.

And these pictures are from yesterday- but I wanted to make sure and post them so that they are part of my blog book (because I love them)! I'm still working on the daunting task of turning my blog into a book. With over 700 posts it is taking forEVER but I can't wait to get it published.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Those pictures of Zeb are absolutely adorable!! I plan to (someday) make a bloggy book too. I've heard they're not too complicated. You'll have to let me know what you think. I would absolutely DIE if somehow my blog (hence - my family's life record) got lost or erased. I think printing them up is a fab idea.

Sounds like a pretty crazy day! That's quite a drive to the temple. Wow. I need to be SO much better.

Hope you got your studies finished, Kent! Let us know how it all goes.

Love you guys!

M- your favorite said...

Glad you had a great day. Kent you are amazing! You are such a great person. Your kids a darling! I love them.

p.s. I watch Glee and I LOVED it! I can't wait for it to start. I am really sad that I have to wait a while for it. So you need to remind me so I don't forget to watch it.

yaya said...

If you and Kent would ever like to go to the temple, please leave the kidlets here and I'll babysit if they would let me! You're welcome to spend the night too...good luck with boards Kent!

Kristen said...

You and Laney are amazing me with all the sweet deals you are finding. A $1 pool?! Might as well have given it away for free! And question please....how do you turn your blog into a book? I've been wanting to that to mine and have no idea where to start.