Saturday, July 25, 2009

happy christmas in july.

Blog post 777.
Can you believe I've posted that many times? Somebody saw me with my camera earlier this week and commented- "You must be a blogger. You can always tell a blogger". I'm a crazy blogger. It's my journal- and as mundane as our daily life seems to be- to me it's worth recording :)

Today we went out to Johnson's Island- one of Lake Erie's mini islands- for a birthday party. One of kent's friends from school has a little boy Zeb's age and they invited us out to their cottage for the day. The party was great and we had so much fun! We love getting to see new and exciting parts of Ohio! Their cottage was directly across the way from Cedar point.

Oh- and Starkey clan- some of their family members were from Ashland and know you guys! I can't remember their names- but I'll find out!


The theme was Christmas in July. I found great Christmas shirts for all of us to wear- but only got a great shot of Zeb's. He lucked out with the fab christmas sweater.

It was a little chilly- and there were lots of water snakes on the beach and swimming around- so we didn't get in the water, but Kent did take Zeb snake hunting and they got to see a few :)


We had an entire Christmas feast for lunch (turkey and the works) and there was even a christmas tree surrounded by presents for all of the kids to open. Zeb LOVED that part of the day. He was completely dirty and insanely exhausted by the end of the day and both he and Ike slept the entire car ride home.











He also loved throwing sticks into the water for Rocko to chase. His sticks never got very far.
Here's the dirty faced kid playing with his new christmas presents!

We had such a fun day and it was so nice for Kent to get a much deserved break from his busy schedule. He did have to go into the hospital from 6- till 10 this morning but he got the rest of the weekend off!

7 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

yay! I'm the first to comment! Cute family pic!

M- your favorite said...

OH MY H (swear word) Ike is so dang cute. He does not look like a baby to me. He is getting so big. I can't believe it. What a fun idea. Looks like you guys had a great time. I bet it is sure nice to have family and friends close by and you guys all get along so good. Love it. I WANT Ike NOW!

boysmum2 said...

Ah Cedar Point, now that is somewhere I would like to go again! Happy memories

Kendra said...

Hey it is Kendra! Hey I saw your blog on Jessica's and thought I would say hello, YOu family is adorable. Looks like you are having fun where you live. I can relate to always having my camera to blog stuff. I love it!! I like your list of free stuff I might be back to check some of those out. We also have a blog but it is private, If you want an invite email me at headofsalese@gmail.com

yaya said...

I'd love to know who was there and knows us from Ashland..hey, shouldn't we have been invited then?? Just kidding, it really looks like fun! We had a branch social and on our blog is something you need to get Zeb..he would love it!!!

dockters said...

What a fun birthday idea! I love it! Looks so fun.

And Ike looks like a little boy..not a baby at all in that last pic! Cute!

Susan said...

What a fun idea! Your family pic is too cute. And look at you, hot momma!