Friday, September 25, 2009

apples apples and more apples

We missed the ward family home evening apple picking party at MacQueens and we lucked out that some of the other families did as well. We had our own little apple picking fest today.

I was super excited about the apples themselves- but almost equally as excited about just walking around and taking pictures in the apple orchards. Apple picking is just such an autumn activity. The weather has finally adjusted and become fall like- so we ended up with the perfect day for the event. No heat. no humidity. no rain.

The orchard has a few different varieties of nice apples -but zeb mostly picked the wormy rotten ones from the ground. He loved just running around with friends.
I couldn't believe how many apples these kids were eating. Zeb just ate and ate and ate. And so did I!even Ike got in on the apple eating. He thought it was sooooo funny that there was an apple on his head. He would laugh hysterically every time it slid off and I replaced it.I couldn't even get Zeb to smile for any pictures because he was always busy biting and chewing.

Ike had a blast getting to know his pal, Finn, better. I love that my kids have so many built in friends here in Toledo. It helps make up for not being able to play with cousins.
I love this picture with Zebbo and his double chin. He was trying desperately to hit me with apples but I managed to dodge every one.
We finished off our day with some freshly made donuts and newly brewed cider at the barn. Don't worry mum- I didn't eat a donut. But Zeb LOVED his cherry donut (ewww). He must take after Kent.


8 comments:

brittani c. said...

The picture with Ike yanking on Finn's hat cracks me up. :)
Thanks for a fun morning!

Becca said...

ahh-these pics really make me living out East. I need to find fun things like this in Utah. Your boys are soooooo cute.

Kimberly said...

Ohh my goodness! That is one of the cutest pictures I think I ever seen! (the one of the apple on Ike's head) Looks like that was fun...great pics!

Kristen said...

I love autumn!! That looks like so much fun to play around in an apple orchard, definitely a fall activity. The boys are so cute, I like seeing their personality in all the photos which by the way you take great ones! Very professional looking, any tips you can offer?

Cynthia said...

cute pics!! Looks like the kids had a blast.

yaya said...

Looks like so much fun! I wonder how they will feel after eating all that fruit??? Hmmmm...messy diapers!

Kent and Leisy said...

Kristen- the key to great pictures is definitely just taking LOTS and LOTS. I seriously take so many it's ridiculous- and then I can find just a few great ones. Also- I've taken so many now that I know what shots will look good and which won't.

Rachael said...

I love it. What a PERFECT day. I love fall.