Wednesday, September 2, 2009

we did it! we're home!

What a whirlwind of a seven days! First and foremost I'd like to thank my two little rugrats for making flying a BREEZE. Fellow airplane passengers even commented on how wonderful their behavior was. I lucked out big time. Flying husbandless with two had the potential to be disastrous- but instead the kiddos slept and smiled and enjoyed their airplane time. I also lucked out with the fact that my double stroller holds my car seat! I had no idea that it had this capability until the day we flew out. It saved me a lot of stress.


I think that the best part of being in Utah was being with all of the most wonderful people on earth. We had so much fun playing and laughing and crying. Hooray for weddings that get to be big huge family reunions too. I took a bazillion pictures- but still didn't seem to get all of the ones that I wanted! I'll get started with posting some today- but it may takes ages to get them all up.
We got to go and watch my little sis, daysa, cheer at a football game. I can't believe that my little sister is old enough to be in HIGH SCHOOL! not to mention the fact that she's a JV cheerleader. I think that we embarrassed her sufficiently until next time.Our girls night was so much fun. I didn't get a picture of everybody- and I didn't get one of metta's hair disaster or the tears and laughter that ensued- but I got this one. There's nothing better than laughing with cousins. Thanks for planning the night, Amy!

Zeb was never ever bored. He LOVED playing with all of his cousins on the miller side. It's kid heaven when everybody gets together.
He loved M's rocket machine thingy- and loved playing with all of the boy cousins.
And possibly my very favorite part of the trip was the fact that I RARELY had to hold/entertain my own kidlets. There was always someone else who wanted to run around with zebbo or play with Ike. PURE HEAVEN. I'm considering a live in nanny now.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Such fabulous pictures!! And Ike's contagious smile at the end is just THE best. That kid could just brighten anyone's day ... no wonder he was popular on the flight. :)

Sure love and miss you guys! I'm so SO happy we got to spend some time with you!

Unknown said...

Looks so fun. I head out to UT next week...hope my flights are as smooth as yours!

M- your favorite said...

I am so sad you guys are gone! Sure do love your kiddo's!

p.s. So exctied for Glee! YEAH!

boysmum2 said...

Looks like you all had a blast. Good for you

Unknown said...

Wow! You make home look and sound like heaven on earth! Must be because I raised such fabulous children.

Thanks to all of you for coming and for helping to make it a memorable event! Imagine the size of the group in 10 years.

Laney said...

maybe we can trade kids the next time we fly? I'll take your two for my one.

Cynthia said...

thanks for the heads up on the mall deal. I am so excited to get the gifts cards and spend them!!
I want to hear about Metta's hair disaster. All I know is that the wedding day picture of her hair looks gorgeous!

Renae said...

Thanks for the mall info!!! Family weddings are wonderful! It looks like you all had a blast. I'm so glad the flights went awesome.