Tuesday, September 22, 2009

oh, fall.

My three favorite things about autumn.

1. TV premieres. I am so happy that the shows are back. It's like Christmas morning every night this week.

NCIS, NCIS:Los Angeles, The Mentalist, Castle, Ugly Betty, Southland, Criminal Minds, Medium, CSI, CSI:NY. And all of the new ones!! I'm not going to be able to keep up with every show- but I can certainly pick favorites. Any suggestions? what's your favorite? Did anybody see "Community"? I laughed out loud in a few spots. I hope it pans out- unlike the early disappointment with glee.



2. Leaves. lots and lots of fallen leaves.
the parks are already starting to smell all leafy. sporadic trees are sprouting bits of red and orange. I can't wait for the all out colors to debut.





3. chilly hoodie wearing weather.

WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?! it has been so FLIPPING hot this week. I canNOT believe it's September 22nd and the weather is giving us this. grrrr. I want to be cold. I want to eat soup.



Oh- and #4. This has nothing to do with autumn besides timing- but it is the highlight of fall this year. I get Kent back TONIGHT!!! He finishes his last surgery/ER rotation late this evening. He starts family practice on Monday and the hours are far more friendly (or so I hear). I'll see him more often for at least a few weeks.

9 comments:

yaya said...

Not much of a reg. channel watcher...I do like biggest loser and Jack's a NCIS fan..other than that, give me HGTV and I'm happy! Leaves are turning here and next week the colder temps are coming. Festival time is at hand! Good job Kent in surviving surgery rotation! It may be my love, but hard on med students and nursing students.

Cynthia said...

I really liked community too! I hope it isn't a bait and switch like Glee was.

Laney said...

I highly recommend castle and bones. I just got hooked on bones this summer. I quite like it. And Castle is one of my new favorites- its up there with medium and csi. I also agree about Glee- it is plain awful now.

Unknown said...

Here's to the new season of Biggest Loser--my favorite. And Desperate Housewives premier is Sunday night (Wow! Did I admit that out loud?)!

I haven't seen any NEW shows--also not into tv watching yet until it gets cold out.

Kent and Leisy said...

yaya- tell jack that ncis is my favorite!
and mum- I can't believe you watch that filth!!
laney- can I start bones now or do I have to go back a few seasons to understand what's going on?

tiffany said...

the skinny phycologist guy in crimanl minds matthew gray is a member of the church he is from vegas we are friends with is family

brittani c. said...

Yeah, Toledo. Where is the cool air, dangit!

Jason & Shannon said...

Community was pretty funny. I think it will be a good show... hopefully.

boysmum2 said...

Looking forward to those shows returning too. Although ours will probably be the series you ahve just watched, nice to know more have been made and there is more to come.
I love this time of year because we are just starting to get the nice weather, as you get cold we get hot :)