Wednesday, September 9, 2009

my little learner

I always forget that Zeb is still just a little boy.

Nearly all of his friends are three- or almost three (or even older)-and I have to remind myself that he just turned two. But even two seems terribly old to me when I look at Ike! Zeb is actually closer in age to most of the younger kids that we play with than the older- but he still likes to play with the older ones! He was meant to have an older sibling- but he's going to have to be the big brother for the rest of our rugrats and just deal with it.

I think that every one of his friends is starting preschool and so we've decided to do our own little program at home to try and keep him busy. Plus I'm afraid that winter could be long if we don't have any real structure. He's been LOVING the program we've started and I've had so much fun doing it with him. Yesterday he awed me with his creativity. I haven't seen him play pretend much and he had me laughing hysterically as he ran around the house like a bee smelling flowers and flying home to see it's papa- and then a bus "urchhhing" to stops and beeping at people (B is the letter of the week). He's already reading (recognizing) simple words and spelling friend's names! He will definitely benefit from our mini school- and so will I.

I'm also excited that we've got seminary going every morning now. It gets me awake and into learning mode- and it's a great way for Zeb to be a part of more singing/praying/and scripture reading (when he's awake for it, anyway!). My seminary students love Ike and Zeb- and you should see the looks on the little rugrats faces when they walk into a room full of smiling people early in the morning! They are in heaven.

Oh, and I just have to add this picture I stole from Laney's blog today. Here are Zeb and Henry having an all out scream fest driving from Orem to Lehi. I guess Zeb can be Henry's older brother. They act enough like brothers- definitely look enough like brothers- and technically have the same mom.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

HAHA!! That picture is just classic. So funny (in a sad way, of course).

Way-ta-go on your "Little Learners" pre-school. :) What a fabulous idea. Zeb may need to skip kindergarten!

Mark and April Sullivan said...

Love it!! Technically have the same mom... hee hee... Well, I'm super impressed at what Zeb can do already! He apparently inherited this from his mom... (you or Laney... either one)