Friday, September 18, 2009

This morning I woke up grumpy grumpy grumpy. Kent was off to school early for an EVIL oral exam where surgeons can ask him ANY question about ANY patient he's seen in the last three months!! along with a full 12 hour shift in the ER. I was doomed to a day of tiredness, a dirty house, and 2 children. I think that every person is entitled to the days where they just don't feel like cleaning, child rearing, exercising, or the like. Today was my day.

Finally around 10:30 I decided to suck it up and try to be productive. Things started off pretty good and have completed themselves quite nicely.

Our run ended up being great. Zeb spotted a fuzzy caterpillar along the trail and we stopped to take a look. It was definitely our lucky day- we have been looking for a caterpillar (to go with the letter "c") every day this week. I thought we were going to have to settle for pictures we'd looked at!


Maybe I woke up grumpy because we'd had such a long night last night. We had a great enrichment- but since Kent worked until 12- I had to take the kids with me. We were at the church from 5-9 doing set-up/nursery duty/clean-up, etc. I was just so tired of chasing kiddos around and trying to keep them entertained and the rugrats were just plain tired. Plus- Zeb has been a little aggressive lately- and I'm not sure why. He's still so darn cute- but when he shoves people and knocks them on the noggins with sticks- I just want to scream. I like to post cute pictures of him to remind myself of just how much I love him. He is so good and so smart and so fun.Later this afternoon my day turned to gold. I went to the mall and picked up my FREE giftcards. The rules stated that I could receive two. I talked my way into four. I've now got forty dollars to spend with Kent :) Plus. we ran into a plethora of friends.
Now the kids are in bed asleep- I'm catching up on Project Runway- and Kent will be home in two hours with frosties. My day wasn't so bad after all.

5 comments:

Laney said...

why did you get free giftcards?

Michelle said...

You have the best attitude EVER Leisy. You're my inspiration. I usually can't get my days "goin'" until about 10 EVERY day. I most certainly can do better. :)

Zeb is SOOOOO cute!!

Kent and Leisy said...

laney- the mall here is always doing these promos. They were giving away fifty -ten dollar gift cards online so I signed us up for four. you had to go pick them up in person with id yesterday. Kent couldn't go and it turns out the kiddos weren't 18 so couldn't get them - but I talked my into all four (I did take kent's ID).

Delaps said...

Well I am glad that it turned to gold! Us too. We got our $30. So happy about that. It was fun to let the kids run around.

Unknown said...

What? No pix of Freddy? Clearly you're playing favorites.

And all mothers are entitled to grumpy days--I'm sure you remember LOTS of mine.