Friday, September 4, 2009

I have soooo many pictures of metta's wedding.

Kent's mom came and picked up both Zeb and Ike the morning of the wedding and took them for the ENTIRE day so that we could enjoy the festivities without having to chase and corral and feed rugrats. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Pat and Melynda!

He did get to have some fun that morning wearing metta's "red slippers" around the house.

Metta and Clair were married in the Timpanogos temple and the weather was perfect. I was prepared for a miserably hot day- but the clouds cooperated.



Poor little Daysa is now the lone ranger of the family. She really hates when we all kiss in front of her. I love this picture.

The luncheon was at Los Hermanos and was DELICIOUS. I haven't had good mexican food in AGES! and what's a trip to utah county without a visit to at least a few of the customary restaurants ( we also went to cafe rio, pizza factory, and a few others while in town)!

Cousin Amy flew in from the wedding all the way from Carolina (I can NEVER remember if it's north or south). We have the most ridiculously cool cousins- and I saw BUCKETS of them in Utah. We really missed all the ones who weren't there, though.
And here are the wonderful glorious infamous oswaldo sisters. Only one of us is still an Oswald.
Metta needed repeated help bustling her bustle.

Even when our kiddos are gone- Kent can always find one to hold.

and here I am sandwiched between two Kents. My gr. uncle Kent is married to my gr. aunt Metta (the aunt whom my sister was named after) and occasionally it gets confusing when people talk about Kent and Metta. Uncle Kent is an inspiration. He's battling brain cancer and the doctor's say they've NEVER seen anyone doing as well as he is. Miracles do happen. My grandma O also came from a family of four girls! Here she is with two of her sisters- Metta and Connie. They are such great ladies.
The reception was at Thanksgiving point and was BEAUTIFUL. WE got NO good family pictures- but we did have an amazing time and ate lots of great food.

Metta and Clair looked stunning.
Zeb had so much fun it was ridiculous. He ran around and danced and played and threw rocks (and flowers from centerpieces) into the stream.

Ike loved all of the attention from everyone. He also loved just being able to see Kent for longer than an hour.
Metta is amazingly beautiful and I love this picture with the nephews.
We never actually got to taste the cake (you can't cut it at thanksgiving point without being charged an astronomically ridiculous fee) but it was beautiful and looked very delicious.
And one more picture of the sisters together. Love you all.

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

I LOVE the first picture of Zeb. It is just so cute/funny. Between the red shoes and the way his left finger points out it is just so funny.
Also, the kissing picture with Daysa is a great pic too.
I can't believe Thanksgiving Point doesn't let you cut cake there without a huge fee. That is ridiculous!!!
Good luck with the race today! I am up early because I am so excited/nervous for mine.

Linz said...

Congrats to your sister!! YOu are all so cute! I love that picture with Daysa! TOo funny! And yes, Zeb in the red slippers made me laugh!

Emilee said...

I love that sister picture--so cute! And I think Zeb looks great in red pumps.

Amy and Craig said...

awesome pix! I love the kissing one too! Poor Days! Metta is fabulously gorgeous! I always loved it when people thought she and I were sisters! I'll take any of you girlies any time!

Michelle said...

Pretty girls ... you guys are such cute sisters!

Delaps said...

so many great pictures. It is fun to see your family. It looks like you had a great time.

brittani c. said...

The kissing picture is awesome. I think the Hidden Falls venue at Thanksgiving Point is the prettiest one by far (where we had our reception). Who knew that red shoes with a wedding dress would look hot!

Emily Frame said...

love metta's braid!