Wednesday, December 12, 2007

ahhhhhhh. for so many reasons.

I have such Christmas anxiety. I have so much to do it's ridiculous! and here I am sitting at the computer. I am so anxious about getting everything accomplished before we leave. The house needs to be deep cleaned, I haven't gone running once this week, I have two holiday parties this week still (I need to make food for both), I need to make my pixie pal gift in the next five days because the part I ordered online just showed up today, I need to finish Kent's present, we have a 6 month check-up for Z, and to top it all off I just found out that the season finale of "The Biggest Loser" is on Tuesday while we are in the air en route to Utah! I am so mad. Why couldn't I have planned ahead? Plus, Kent has the tests of death on Friday so he isn't any help with any of these things!!!! oh, and Zeb. This baby sure requires a lot of constant attention. It's much harder than having a rabbit or something.
Really, I thrive on this sort of thing though. I make things this crazy too. I still go to playgroups, walking groups, and cooking groups and out with the missionaries. I think that one of my favorite things about Christmas is, in fact, the busyness of it all. I love being out in the stores with all of the frantic people and loud Christmas music. I love talking to the people in line next to me and finding out about their Christmas shopping. It just makes me feel like Christmas is really here!
and speaking of ahhhhhhhhhh. read this!!! my sister called and told me about it this morning. It's outrageous. It's times like this that I sure wish I was still teaching Biology! It is so amazing. My students would eat it up.
"A 1-year-old girl's deceased siblings were removed from her abdomen by Indonesian doctors at Sumatra island hospital, according to a report from French news agency AFP.
The two bodies, believed to be triplets that did not fully develop, were successfully removed from the girl Tuesday during a five-hour surgery, the head of medical services at the main state hospital in the West Sumatra city of Padang told AFP.

The girl had initially been diagnosed with stomach tumors, however doctors later discovered her abdominal discomfort was the result of two deceased siblings connected to her digestive tract.
One of the bodies was complete except for limbs. The second had only a head with hairs and part of its digestive system". foxnews.com
Isn't that CRAZY?!?!

and here is how Z deals with all of the christmas frenzy! I sure wish that I liked to nap. Oh, and good thing he doesn't have any extra siblings hidden somewhere.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you followed that insanely gross mental image with one of such a cutie!

Katie and Steve said...

Sick. I am with you on feeling the Christmas frenzy, though, and love extra drama and craziness, so bring it on.

Erin said...

My dad read me a similar case from a medical journal about an adult man getting his deceased twin removed from his stomach. So, so strange. Good luck getting finished up!

kenna said...

Why can't something crazy like that happen in the states. Notice how it's always NOT in the us.

Hmmm, diagnosed as tumors huh? Maybe there is more going on in my head than we think...

Emily Frame said...

a rabbit. ha.

Unknown said...

isn't life so much easier when none of that christmas time anxiety and busyness isn't full of paper writing and final taking? I can't wait for that day!!!! All that stuff you have to do sounds enjoyable. I have a 20 page paper to write this week. uggh!!!

tiffany said...

that story is weird i'm stressn over christmas as well i decided to make my kent a scrapbook for christmas its a 6x6 holds about 22 pictures a little thing like has me stressn i think its from choosing pictures of us from a small amount of pictures however im almost done with it

Jason & Shannon said...

If you want we can tivo the biggest loser for you.

Kent and Leisy said...

um... I think she wants. - Kent

Unknown said...

I think Jr. High and whatever that other rabbit's name was (I can't believe I forgot...Flipsy Flopsy???) were definitely harder to take care of than Zeb.

Kent and Leisy said...

I can't believe you remembered their names jess!! and maybe you're right, they were pretty high maintenance. I will never let my kids have rabbits.

Unknown said...

firstly, i can't believe jessica remembered the rabbits names! unbelievable! and, i think the turtle cage was much more work, jess will attest to that.

secondly, taylor can't believe we had a pet rabbit named jr.high, he is still laughing as i type this.

Anonymous said...

Leisy!!! I've been thinking about you and Laney, wishing I kept in touch better. Thank goodness for google. Little Zeb sure is cute. We should get together over Christmas once you get back in town. It would be great to see you. My little Dallin just turned a year.
Love the blog.