Saturday, December 8, 2007

today's hidden tree

Hip hip hooray! It now really feels like Christmas! We just got back from The Nutcracker performed by the Toledo Ballet. It was absolutely wonderful (although it did make me homesick for Metta! good thing we are coming home in a week). I got tickets a few weeks back and I thought Kent knew for sure. He claims that it was a surprise to him but I still have my doubts.

One of the best parts of the evening was that it was at the Stranahan Theater, no more than a quarter mile from our apartment. We walked and probably made better time than if we had driven. Walking home in the freezing cold through the snow made a fabulous end to the evening! Zeb hung out with Sam while we were gone and did quite well. I think that he will do just fine with all of you relatives that are new to him. He really isn't afraid of people too much.

We tried to get the background in this picture. If you look closely enough you can see the wall. Yep, we sat in the last row of the theater. The very-very top row of the balcony. The tickets were really cheap and having terrible seats has become somewhat of a tradition for us whenever we go to any cultural event. There was a huge section of empty seats in the price category ahead of us though and at intermission we got all of the people around us to move up with us. We figured they couldn't send us all back to our seats. For the second half of the show we had much better seats.

8 comments:

heidi said...

Ahh. Date night. I need one of those. I'm just catching up on the blogs - there are so many to read these days and I just can't keep up! I watched that video of Zeb laughing and he is SO SO SO FREAKIN cute. That will be a youtube favorite for all.

P.S. I want the shirt you're wearing in this picture - where'd you get it?

John said...

Emilee and I love the very back of the Strenahan. We've seen Peter Pan ballet and Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. Such fun, I just have to remember my glasses or I see nothing.

Anonymous said...

I love the Nutcracker! I was in it every year growing up but have only "seen" it once. I can't listen to the music without dancing around a little bit. What a great date!

Anonymous said...

I bet no chart toppers perform at the Strenahan.

Pat and Brent said...

What a fun night. Glad you got the improved seats for the second 1/2.

Michelle said...

COOL!! What a fun night!

brittani c. said...

I adore the ballet. I should know by now that I should come to you to learn about all the events that go on in Toledo.

Unknown said...

we have decided that this last picture looks nothing like either one of you.