Tuesday, December 11, 2007

southwyck mall

This is the scary mall where we do walking group. There are only 11 stores open. There is also a scary carousel that still runs. I cannot figure out how any of the places have enough business to actually stay open. One great benefit of the mall is that they open it for walking every morning. It makes it quite nice during the winter months here in Toledo.
They have put up lots of fun decoration for the holidays to try and lure people in I suppose. This morning at walking group I stuck Zeb in some of the fake snow to take pictures! He tried to eat it. He also had a lot of fun playing with Cohen. He loves other little kids so much. I really think he's going to just love all of the attention he'll get with all of you in Utah. I am, however, very nervous about his sleeping habits when we come home! He gets up between 6:30 and 7:30 here, which isn't too bad, but I am terrified that it will equate to 4:30 or 5:30 in Utah! He will definitely have to go walking with mom in the mornings. Ahhhh!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a scary mall here too that only has a few stores and is dimly lit! I was trying to find a mall when I first moved out here and found the scary one and was obsessed. It's creepy. I love that I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

brittani c. said...

that mall has to go. it's an eyesore.

Kent and Leisy said...

it is an eyesore but I don't know where we would walk in the mornings without it! I hope that it stays a few more years for my sake!

Unknown said...

i don't understand how you of all people got such a happy baby.

Mia said...

Zeb always has the cutest, happiest smiles!! What a fun kid! And the mall does sound creepy...it's like a "ghost town mall!"

Michelle said...

Wow - how did I miss so many posts! Lots of fun reading for me, though! :) Zeb is so cute - I love his big, huge smile and friendly personality. I'm so excited to see you guys!

Kent and Leisy said...

She married me Laney! That's why she got such a happy baby.

Unknown said...

true. zeb is really lucky he has a normal father.

Kent and Leisy said...

laney and taylor, I am actually a very happy and pleasant person if you are kind to me. zeb is the same way.

Lyndsay said...

man, that fake snow is sooo lifelike!
Southwyck was the mall I chose to wander around while I was alone in Toledo for an interview before we moved out here. I was horrified at what seemed to be in my shopping future.

brittani c. said...

did you hear yesterday that Toledo is going to clean that dumpy place up for over $1 million? I don't know the whole story, but it sounds like they are moving on it.

Anonymous said...

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee191/jamison42166/?action=view&current=P5290005.jpg

latest pic of the teardown