Monday, December 3, 2007

Merry Christmas Countdown!

I got this idea from a friend (thanks ashton's mom!) and had to alter it a little due to our circumstances, but I think it will be rather fun nonetheless. I love countdowns! and what's better than a countdown till Christmas? How about a countdown to heading home for Christmas?!?! I cut out these little construction paper trees and numbered them starting at 16. That's today! Sixteen days till we board the plane to SLC. On the back of each tree is something fun to do that will help us get in the Christmas spirit just a little bit more!! And to add a little twist I am hiding them all around the house. Kent and Zeb will have to search for them every day in order to see what the day's activity/surprise is. I started a little late but I figure better late than never. I think that it will be a fun tradition to continue. I'd tell you what I wrote on the trees but then Kent will know and the surprise/excitement factor will be nearly eradicated. Can you tell that I have a lot of time on my hands? my goodness! I'm turning into one of those cheesy moms/wives that I swore I'd never be.

11 comments:

Erin said...

Very cute! Kent and Zeb - good luck guys! And Leisy . . . you were destined to be a cheesy mom/wife.

brittani c. said...

Not to worry...we all have our cheesy moments. It changes things up a bit.

Michelle said...

HEY!!!!! I don't think that's cheesy at all. That'll be fun ... and will definitely add to the "Christmas feel"! 16 DAYS!!! I just may make my own countdown chart for that! Last night in family prayer Aaron said, "thank Thee that I finally get to see Leisy and Kent again." hahahaha. Needless to say, we are all excited to get to see you!

Michelle said...

OH - PS ... I'm sure everyone loved the corn quickies you made.

You really can't find Christmas color M-n-Ms out there? Weird. They're all over here. I bought a big bag of M-n-Ms from Costco ... and they don't have the Christmas colors - so, I just used the regular. Most grocery stores (and, of course - WalMart) here have - regular, peanut, mint, and big size - in Christmas colors.

Anonymous said...

Hey kids. How are you?

Lorflor said...

Fun idea Leisy - I hope I get to see you sometime while you are in town - although I am sure you will be in high demand for a lot of people in a lot of places!

Deneal said...

I love your twist on the activity--hiding them all over the house. Next year we'll have to try that. Have fun counting down!

tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tiffany said...

very cute idea im already turning into my mother and it scares me to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Sacks said...

Next I think will be sewing towels for people's baby showers! Or maybe we can just sit around and do crafts together!!! I'm glad to see the crafty side of you, way cute idea!

brittani c. said...

So does that make you leave on the the 19th? Me too! But you guys are probably flying out from Detroit. I will be leaving from Toledo (which means I'll have two stops before SLC). It will be a long day for me.