Monday, December 3, 2007

favorite things

Yesterday was CRAZY! I cannot believe that I didn't post. I apologize to all of you in utah :) We were running around like banshees all day long. We didn't get home from church till late (choir and tithing) and then we had to head up to the Detroit airport and pick up a BYU student interviewing for med school here today! It was actually a lot of fun! Zeb LOVED the airport and all of the people. Plus it was really fun to help somebody out (especially considering students did the same for Kent last year..thanks Andrew!). This boy we picked up at the airport is married and has a little boy so I'd love if he gets accepted! the more wives and kids, the better :)
Anyway, back to the belated yesterday post. Lately Zeb has had the funniest fascination with this blanket! Thank you to Grandma Oswald (weird that she's Zeb's great grandma!). He will lay on it or sit on it and carefully touch and inspect each little animal head. It's adorable. And it keeps him content in his crib quite awhile after he wakes up. hooray. I can't believe the rate at which he is growing up. It's like he turned into a real boy overnight.

12 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

That is a super cute blanket. That Z-Dawg is a smart baby. Of course it's genetic. Laney and I are going to throw a ward shower for Natasha on the 3rd of January. What kind of theme do you think she would like? Food? I guess I'll ask her too! hehehe

Kent and Leisy said...

I am so excited that I'll be there! and I will definitely help out. as long as there's lots of delicious food it will be great!!

taylor and laney said...

Is Andrew a polygamist? Does he have multiple wives he is bringing with him? I'm a little confused.
-Taylor

Kent and Leisy said...

you know what I meant you tall little brat.

Kent and Leisy said...

p.s. thanks for pointing it out so I could fix it though.

Julie Sacks said...

I know how you feel Leisy, I totally feel like Cohen has just grown up with out me even knowing it! It sure does go by too fast! I will try to be at walking group tomorrow, if I am not there, call and remind me because chances are, I'll forget!

M- your favorite said...

I am so glad he is now past the giving up part. So that means he is a keeper. YEAH!! I love how his lips are in the "OOW" while he touches the blanket. What a sweet little man.

Erin said...

Don't you feel like you were just interviewing? And now it is already time for the next year's batch of people to interview! Christian will be helping with the interview process in one month. I can't believe how fast it has gone!

taylor and laney said...

my goodness i love that blanket. and the baby too.

Kent and Leisy said...

What a stressful time that was Erin!! I'm so glad it is over. Med school is stressful but at least I'm in! Leisy always says to me when I get stressed out, "don't worry Kent - we're IN"

Pat and Brent said...

Zeb looks like he is really enjoying himself with that blanket. Enjoy your kids because they are gone before you know it. Love Dad

Michelle said...

Zeb is the most observant lil' kid I've ever seen. What a cutie! Maybe his first words will be, "I'm a REAL boy!!!" haha. :)