Wednesday, December 5, 2007

the manor house

This morning for playgroup we went to this huge old mansion that is all decorated for Christmas! Apparently it belonged to the Champion spark plug millionaires way back when the company started. It was really neat. I want to go back with Kent before it closes. There are rooms full of trees and decorations and lots of great Christmas stuff. They've also got a large train set going in the basement.
And wonderfully enough, it snowed last night! I was so happy to wake up to a blanket of snow covering all of the leftover leaves. Ridiculously there were actual school closures this morning! and those schools that weren't closed were all late start by two hours! we only got three inches! I'd think that Toledoans were more accustomed to the snow.

7 comments:

Linz said...

That manor looks amazing! How fun! Love your tree!

Unknown said...

Can you believe the school cancellations out here??? It took like 15 inches of snow for school to be cancelled in UT!

Mia said...

How festive everything looks. What a fun thing to do for playgroup! And about the PB Cake recipe...I'm sorry I have to be stingy. The family member I got it from has had it under lock and key for a few generations and only a few people have it, so it is not mine to give out. I just feel priveleged that I got it!! Probably because it is the only cake Doug loves and this family member adores my husband! Sorry. You can find some different recipes online, though...

Michelle said...

That place looks so amazing! I wonder if there is anything even similar here in Utah. That would be a fun activity.

I am DYING about the school cancellation thing. I WISH it were like that here. I have to admit - I HAVE kept my kids home when I felt like driving to school would just be too dangerous (once or twice). We have fun on those days. Hmmmmm .... maybe it'll snow like crazy tonight! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the cancellations! The first year we were here I sent Jessica out the bus stop like 12 times without even thinking twice to check if school was delayed or cancelled. Yep, all 12 times it was! Opps. It's not like it never snows here they just need to get a clue!

Amy and Craig said...

you and hailey are stroller twinners! after seeing you twice in the past 6 months, how did I not know that?

M- your favorite said...

Wow! That place looks amazing! It's beautiful!