Sunday, December 16, 2007

no church no church

This morning we woke up and turned on the news to find that church had been cancelled! "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Toledo 1st--CLOSED" is what it said across the bottom of channel 13 news. We are on level 2 snow emergency. This means that we are to leave our houses and venture out only if absolutely necessary. Level three would be a road closure except for emergency personnel. Apparently you get ticketed if you go out in a level three! kind of crazy really, especially since we only got about 6-8 inches! the city of Toledo doesn't have enough plows and they say there's a layer of ice under everything. We have had quite a pleasant morning though! I'm sad to not be able to teach my lesson and I really do love going to church, but it's nice to be "snowed in". Kent made blinni this morning and really it's kind of cozy and fun. I actually did my lesson for Zeb and Kent and we read over the Spencer W. Kimball lesson for today, so we got in as much church as we could. Our morning was calm but now Kent is out home teaching and then is going to shovel walks with the Elder's quorum. I hope Zeb will zonk so that I can get packing and finish up some Christmas presents! the weather is supposed to improve considerably by Tuesday so I am hoping that our flight makes it out just fine.


8 comments:

tiffany said...

i hope the weather gets better to i cant wait to see you again and to see zeb i wish my ward got canccelled today but no such luk 5 year olds can be such brats sometimes

Katie and Steve said...

I heard on the news last night that they can actually arrest you if you are out in a level 3. Wow, thats a bit excessive, don't you think?
I have to agree that is was a nice day to be trapped indoors, though. You tend to forget to slow down, sometimes, until its forced upon you.

Rachael said...

we had our church canceled a couple weeks ago for just a few inches, but like Toledo - not enough plows are available and our ward takes in some really rural parts. pretty weird feeling, though!

Lyndsay said...

Last year there was a level 3 snow storm on February 14 and people acted like we were ninnies for not daring to drive on the roads (at least that's how I remember it). We ventured out later in the day when they had lowered it to a level 2.

Amber said...

Hey Kent and Leisy! Wow, Zeb is such a cutie. I can totally see both of you in him. Isn't being a parent the best!? How's med school? Ohio? We hope you're staying warm! Merry Christmas!

M- your favorite said...

Well- I guess you were able to get a lot of stuff done- before you leave. Wait doesn't Ohio get snow? That is funny- to close down things? Or was it just becuase of the Ice?

Michelle said...

What is blinni?

Wow. I would LOVE a snowed-in day. Very fun and cozy!

The P*dunc's said...

hey Leisy, this is Kristen (steele). I was laughing at this post because we live in Kentucky and when it snows they cancel everything as well. I thought it was so funny seeing as we never had snow days in Utah!