Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm exhausted and I can't access my pictures from my camera to post because my blog book is loading (hooray- it's finished!!) and it won't let me. This boring post will have to suffice for the evening.

Yesterday- besides celebrating Zeb's birthday- we also ran around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to solve our electronic woes. My phone stopped working and we have an old back up phone but it was freaking out and would crackle whenever Kent tried to talk on it (he actually gave me his phone for my sim card and he took the old trashy one). We did some phone shopping this weekend and found out that we could get some fabulous ones for FREE at Walmart- even though they cost 50.00 and 70.oo at the T-mobile store! I got the nokia one that comes with three fancy face plates and a cool glowing screen and kent got the pearl blackberry flip (with a recommendation from daysa). I really love my new phone.








Plus when I got in the car in the morning to head to the park for my run I realized that my turn signals weren't working AT ALL. The inside indicators didn't turn on- nothing on the outside- and even no hazards. We checked the fuses and they were all in working condition- so after a trillion texts and one very expensive phone call to my dad (my family is on a cruise in Italy so I didn't feel bad that it cost him) we decided it was the the turn signal flasher/relay box. We searched online and figured out how to fix it- but couldn't find the right part nearby so we just decided to bite the bullet and take it into the shop. We are obsessed with the Midas people here. They were SO nice today. They gave us all sorts of good deals and discounts and were super helpful! I stress out SO badly about car issues. Car problems give me more stress than ANYthing. Why is that?! I think it's because I feel so helpless and clueless.
So- they had the car all day- did a tune-up- a fuel something or other flush- an oil change- tire rotation and a diagnostic and flasher fix- all for less than 150.00 (initially they had told us that JUST the flasher fix would be that much). Hooray. Thank you midas.

4 comments:

M- your favorite said...

Sounds like you got some Awesome deals. I also HATE car problems. It drvies me crazy when my or for that matter Michelle and Ty's car have problems. They seem to never get a break. What's up with that? But lucky for me I wont be having car problems for a LONG time. :)

Emily Frame said...

you finished the book already? that was super fast, go you.

Kent and Leisy said...

em- it was only 2007. I decided to break it up into years!

Unknown said...

You should write to Midas headquarters and tell them how great theirlocal guys are. They deserve a pat on the back for the great service they give you--just a thought.

N.A.