Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mama went bye bye

Zeb had a difficult time parting with his mama this morning. We bid farewell to Leisy for 3 days while she parties at girl's camp. Zeb tried to latch onto the van's window when he gave Leisy a goodbye kiss. I pried his little fingers from the glass and did my best to comfort him - he cried all the way from the church to the apartment stairs where he crumpled in a little ball of tears. I had to carry him into the apartment. Then he started crying for his best friend Eli. After breakfast and getting the boys ready for the day we made it to the park in time to see Zeb's little friends. He's been happy ever since.

I think I'm getting eased into the full time parent role because both Zeb and Ike napped for 3 1/2 hours while I cleaned the house. Hooray for long naps! Ike has been so much fun lately - he's my little buddy. He gives me the goofiest little grins whenever he catches my eye. He's just been the greatest little kid ever.I just got off the phone with Leisy and it sounds like they have had an incredible amount of rain. I'm glad I made Leisy take 2 sleeping bags because some of the girls already have wet sleeping bags. I will never forget the night a leader went cold because I wasn't prepared for a campout. At least I know she won't have to give up her only bag. I'm sure she is loving every second and so happy that it isn't blistering hot.

5 comments:

M- your favorite said...

HE IS CHUBBY! I love it! What a cute kid. I am so glad you made her take 2 sleeping bags. I hope they stay warm. She will love it. She loves doing things like that. Good luck with be full time daddy. You will do great!

Pat and Brent said...

I was just saying to your dad that I'm so impressed with the way young fathers are so much more involved with the care of babies. I think it's really great.

You better not make it look too easy though. It's nice for you to get a little taste of the 24/7 routine for a few days. Good luck and have fun.

The young women will have the time of their lives with Leisy!

brittani c. said...

sounds like you're doing a great job in the role of Mr. Mom, Kent! :) I hope it's not a long 3 days.

yaya said...

Kent, you're the best Dad and hubby ever! (next to Jack of course)..he's at Boy Scout camp this week and they have had the rain too. Fun thing is, it's been dry here in Ashland, go figure! Have a good week!

Michelle said...

That picture of Ike is just the cutest thing ever!! I'm in love.