Friday, October 16, 2009

3 PM yesterday. My cute little monkey napping away.
3 AM this morning. My poor little monkey coughing and sneezing.
We were up from 3- to 4 this morning crawling around the living room and trying to cough and sneeze out Ike's mucous so he could fall back asleep. Our kids are full of snot and it is so exhausting. He got up again at six- but thankfully I was already awake for seminary.

While I was up last night with the kiddo I kept thinking about how we were up with Zeb like this EVERY night -oftentimes 3-4 hours- for FOUR MONTHS of his life!!! How in heavens name did we function?! It's amazing what you can do when there just aren't any other options.

Luckily Ike is just snotty. No fevers- no wheezing- no earaches. His oxygen stats are staying at 98%. Just full of gunk. Now let's hope he's on the mend lickety-split and that the swine flu vaccine becomes available PRONTO!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Nothing in comparison to life with Daysa the first year--remember? Good practice for your future. You should thank her.

M- your favorite said...

Bless his heart! That is so sad! I hope he gets better soon. I hate being sick! It's the worst!

Michelle said...

Oh - the WORST part of this time of year is the panic of sickness ... and runny noses. Bless his heart. He sure looks cute sneezing, though. It's a darn(mn) :) good thing my kids all did pretty good at night ... although I vaguely remember turning on Sesame Street and Blues Clues on occasion -- all night long. It ends. :)