Monday, October 5, 2009

such a great weekend (documented).

Friday at five Kent was finished for ALL of conference weekend!! It was heavenly. We went running as a family that night and then ordered Donatos Pizza- my absolute favorite toledo pizza place- for dinner.

Saturday morning we went to the mall and kent surprised me with a REAL massage. I have NEVER gotten one before and it was so nice. I've always wanted one- but the price is RIDICULOUS (I guess the place was having a crazy good 60 minutes massage deal) and I'd just never done it. Kent had made me do push ups and situps and a bunch of lunges with him after our run the night before just to get me sore! I guess I told him that if I ever got a real massage I would want to be sore so that it would feel better. It definitely worked and it didn't even clue me in as to what he was doing.

Conference was great. Saturday morning was my favorite for sure. Zeb sat out on the deck and played in his dirt for almost an entire session!Ike wanted so badly to go out and play with him but couldn't figure out how to get through the sliding doors. Zeb kept yelling at him through the door "no, Ike. Don't touch it. Don't touch my dirt". Zeb has gotten pretty good at telling Ike what to and what not to do.
One of my favorite things about having Kent home is that he cooks! He made us caramelized brown sugar and garlic chicken with olive oil and salt baked potatoes saturday night and amazing feijoada on sunday. I LOVE when he makes feijoada. It has got to be one of my favorite foods. It's a Brazilian specialty made of black beans- farina- and a plethora of meats and spare offals (organs and parts from animals). He told me he's going to post the recipe sometime soon. It's far too complex for me to attempt. I will post the caramelized chicken, though.

We went for a walk at the park on sunday between sessions and Zeb enjoyed every second of it. I know this picture is really bad- but I'm posting it so that I can prove just how badly I need a new camera. My camera is almost two years old and has been to hell and back (aka my purse). I really really want a new camera- and we are going to be on the lookout during the day after Thanksgiving sales. This is a whole new post for a new time- but I'm looking for some pro advice. Cousins Rachael- tanner- which cameras do you have?
And finally- just a picture of my rugrat Zeb. Right now my favorite thing he does is this:
When he prays he tries so fervently to keep his eyes closed but just can't seem to get them to stay shut. I'll have to get it on video. They flutter and flicker and peek open constantly throughout the prayer. It's so dang cute.

7 comments:

Cassidy said...

If you're looking for a good point and shoot the canon powershot has amazing resolution and features. Olympus has a point and shoot waterproof at costco for under $200. I have a DSLR from them and it's good. For DSLRs my heart belongs to Nikon but I'm not impressed with their point and shoots. Good luck

Renae said...

You'd think a digital camera would last longer than 2 years. For awhile I thought ours was dying, but it turned out Avery had been smudging the lens with her grubby fingers. :) Our camera works, but is slowwwwww. Good luck on the camera shopping.

Unknown said...

Obsessed with the camera/purse comment and I love that Brazilian meal too. Who would have thought looking at the ingredients?

Kent and Leisy said...

cassidy- really I want both a new point adn shoot adn a dslr. I may have to deal with my point and shoot for now so that I can get a nice dslr. I'll have to chat with at church about your nikon!

Michelle said...

Zeb is just so cute and sweet. hahaha. I love it! I also love that he tells Ike not to get his dirt through the sliding glass door. heehee. That's great!

Jason & Shannon said...

Tanner has a Canon DSLR really expensive, it has exchangeable lenses which are also really expensive (It's on his blog). Point and shoots are getting pretty cheep, and there are some good ones out there. If you want a compact one they oftentimes don't have great optical zoom, but they are so small and portable.
The new canon powershot does have amazing features 20 wide optical zoom +12 megapixels, but if you want something compact, this is definitely not. It's just about the same size as a dslr.

Jason & Shannon said...

Oh, and the Olympus at Costco is pretty cool. It's a "tough" camera, drop it from 5 feet and nothing will happen to it. Up to 10 feet waterproof. It also gets 10 megapixels. Look it up, it's pretty awesome. It's also made to work in really cold temperatures.