Tuesday, October 20, 2009


I KNOW. I know that it's the giant media monster of America trying desperately to convince me into believing that I have no way of escaping the death grips of the these evil little piglet viruses- but it's starting to work. I canNOT ignore the fact that 46% of those hospitalized for swine flu are CHILDREN! or that a vast number of those children have underlying LUNG problems like asthma. Just let my kiddos get the dang H1N1 vaccine already, please!

They gave it to Kent- but they won't give it to my cute little rugrats.
Don't you love these little hoodies? Thank-you grandma Pat! Every time Zeb puts it on- he says "Grandma made this!". Sorry it took us so long to get some good pictures posted!- but we LOVE them!!!

14 comments:

dockters said...

I love those sweaters! Both boys looked so cute in them. They are so perfect for this time of year!

Aubri said...

Those sweaters rock! Did she crochet or knit and did she use a pattern? I'd love to make some of those!

Molly said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Those are the cutest hoodies I've ever seen! I love dressing Olivia up like different animals. She's a bear, a dalmatian, a strawberry, etc. at least once a week. I've actually been looking for something dino-esque. Did your mom use a pattern?

Lindsay said...

Those hoodies are too cute!

Michelle said...

Super cute! I'm VERY surprised your kiddos don't qualify for the H1N1. Why? That seems so weird.

Kent and Leisy said...

michelle- they qualify- there just aren't any vaccines yet! there are only enough in Ohio right now to give to health care workers!!

and to everybody else- I have no idea if she used a pattern- but I'll find out.

Delaps said...

I think the kids hoodies are adorable. If only we could wear such attire.

Unknown said...

If it helps, Ned's little boy, Abram got swine flu from Ned. He is also asthmatic and they had to
give him several breathing treatments but he got over it in 3
days and it took Ned a full week.
He got the vaccine but not soon
enough....it takes several days for
it to help. Grandma Carol

Unknown said...

Grandma Pat--you make me look bad! How can I ever do anything as cute as these sweaters?

Jason & Shannon said...

She really made those! They are amazing, and adorable! I totally want one!

brittani c. said...

Those sweaters kill me. I am in love.

M- your favorite said...

I am so happy you got pictures! They are so cute! I love them. Your kids look super cute in them! I love it!

Pat and Brent said...

The boys look adorable in their sweaters! They are crocheted from a pattern in Crochet World magazing, June edition. (I'll send you the pattern)

I hope you can get the H1N1 soon. At least with his immunity, Kent won't bring it home. He's the most likely to get exposed.

Cynthia said...

I hope you were able to get the vaccine for Zeb today!
Thanks for the heads up on when and where the vaccine is!