Saturday, October 31, 2009

the real halloween.

I thought today was going to be pretty low key and NON candy filled- but somehow we added significantly to our candy stash.

Kent spent the morning and early afternoon at an Elder's Quorum service project- so the rest of us ran errands. This picture is VERY deceiving. There were seriously FIVE minutes of blue sky ALL day. In this picture we had just finished our run where we had to use the rain guard. I have no idea how blue sky peeked out just for our picture. Today was the epitome of halloween. Blustery, chilly, rainy, and super super gloomy. I loved it. The kiddos costumes were perfect for keeping them warm and the other park goers loved them.
We went to the grocery store where they were doing a full Halloween event as well. I tried to steer clear of the candy being handed out but we couldn't escape it all. Zeb LOVED playing on and in the fire engine they had out front.

Later in the day we stopped by some friends' place for some fun. Kent tried to teach Zeb how to bob for apples- but zeb just kept lapping up the water and licking the apples.




And check out Ike's costume today. I got this this little skeleton outfit for ONE DOLLAR (along with some other FABULOUS stuff like one dollar costumes and pjs, a fab winter coat for kent, and jeans for me!!) at the crazy old navy sale yesterday. It got me all anxious and excited thinking about the day after thanksgiving sales. I can't WAIT until the black friday ads are "leaked"!! It's usually just a bit after halloween!
and if you zoom in on this picture you can see the humongous gap between his two front teeth. He's our little goofball.And then we were going to just have a nice relaxing evening at home. No more candy- no more trick or treating- no more running around. But I just CAN'T pass something like that up. We hit a GREAT neighborhood right near our place that handed out ALL good candy and even some full size candy bars. Zeb actually would NOT put down his goldfish and m&ms.
Happy Halloween. If anybody needs/wants any candy- we have sooooooooooo much.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have got to get an Old Navy card.

Delaps said...

I love that you dressed the kids up for running!

Michelle said...

Wow. Those are some amazing deals at Old Navy!

I'm so glad you pointed out Ike's teeth!!! I had forgotten all about them. They are super cute. He is getting so big!

I'm glad you guys had such a fabulous Halloween. I am totally chuckling about your "Halloween in Toledo" header with the loooooong strip of kids. That is crazy! ... and fun. :)

M- your favorite said...

I am so glad you guys had a great halloween! the boys look so cute!