Tuesday, October 27, 2009

they are all just soooo happy.

and I think that I am even happier.
it finally happened. hooooooooooooooooray. Today Zeb and Ike (along with a few friends) were vaccinated against H1N1. Now let's hope they can steer clear of it for two weeks so that their bodies can learn how to fight it!

We did have to take a little road trip down to Napoleon, OH (about 45 minutes), to get it-and I waited from about 2:30 until 5:30- but it was so worth it to me. And we were some of the luckiest people there! The line was INSANELY long- and I'm sure some people were there until ten at night waiting.

For some reason I have really really been stressed about my kiddos getting this flu. I know the media is blowing it up bigger than it may be- but I really felt the necessity to get them vaccinated. I feel like the weight has finally been lifted off my shoulders. Plus- Kent got to drop by and say hello because he's working down in Napoleon on his family practice rotation.

Ike was such a champ. He honestly doesn't even cry when he gets shots! He yelled at the nurse for about ten seconds and then just hung out in his car seat watching Zeb SCREAM BLOODY MURDER while he took his turn.


Have I mentioned how HAPPY I am that they got the vaccine?!?!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay for happy kids AND a happy Mom. Here's to a healthy winter.

HatchMe said...

I am hoping that the vaccine gets here to Twin Falls next week! My sister-in-law and niece have already had the swine flu, and a teenage girl just died from it here....no other conditions....so yay for the vaccine! Congratulations and I hope my kids get it soon!

Molly said...

I wish my munchkin was old enough for the vaccine! Two of my sisters have it, now, in two different states. I'm a nervous wreck!

Emilee said...

And I think the vaccine works well, too. John got the shot, and the rest of us got the flu. Awesome.

Jason & Shannon said...

I am glad they were able to get the vaccination. I also love the picture at the bottom with whinnie the pooh and piglet on the water away from everyone! So stinking funny!

Delaps said...

Thanks for letting us in line. I don't think we would have bee close enough to the front if it weren't for you! I also stole your cute photo.