Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dining In

Today Zeb and I had a lot of fun with Kristy, Michelle, and all of Zeb's little cousins! Zeb was IN HEAVEN with all of the kids and loved swimming. I took my camera with me but didn't even take any pictures. I'm really bad with pictures here.

I got to talk to Kent for almost an hour tonight!! They'd had a crazy day and had leadership testing at the crazy obstacle courses. The courses are definitely kent's favorite part of the training and he did super well. He was in charge of a group on one of the hardest courses and they aced it. Only three groups in the entire Officer's class got through it!

Tonight was also Kent's big "Dining In" ceremony. It's an old military traditional ceremony that carries with it all sorts of odd rules and oddities. They serve a "grog" out of toilets (this is a picture that I found online- it isn't from him). For the benefit of the peculiar non-alcohol drinking patrons they make one "leaded" and one "unleaded". Kent said it was insane to watch them make the stuff. An entire bottle of Vodka, lots of Peppermint Schnapps, some sort of bright blue concoction, and some other bottles Kent didn't recognize. Anyone called out on infractions from the weeks previous (or any that night) have to follow some strange ritual and shout things as they drink a full glass of it.

They also had lots of great barbecue and Kent said it was a good evening. They got to wear paint on their faces, take water guns, and each flight had to decorate a table?! they made a mini hangar with fighter planes in it for their table. Sometimes his training sounds like girls camp- while other times it sounds like insane boot camp!

Only 72 hours remaining! I'm so excited to go to the airport to pick him up.

4 comments:

Amy and Craig said...

that toilet pic is disgusting. I thought this blog was going to be about kent getting really bad diarrhea!

M- your favorite said...

SICK! That is really gross! The plastic around the toilet makes it sicker. :) YUM!

Michelle said...

O my sickness flowing over!!!

I sure had a good time yesterday. Zeb is WAY fun to play with. It was really awesome to be able to hang out.

Unknown said...

Ew Ew I think I am going to throw up....

Tess