Wednesday, June 18, 2008


I set my phone alarm for EVERY hour last night so that I could check my little rugrat's oxygen saturation. It gets the lowest at night when his mucus builds up. It makes me so nervous to be here without Kent when he gets this sick. I just hate having to make the final say as to what to do. Luckily my parents have lots of no breathing experience (thanks to little sis Daysa) so they can help- but not all night long. He ended up having an okay night- I gave him one breathing treatment at three am- and then got him up at six so he could cough up all of his phlegm and clear out his lungs. Today I can barely keep my eyes open- and, of course, the Zebster gets all of his energy back. He has done SO SO SO much better today. He was playing around upstairs with daysa when she found him in Metta's room with a necklace and metta's underwear around his neck!

Only NINE more days until I get Kent back!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

heidi said...

I'm glad he's doing better! Love the underwear around the neck. Hopefully you can get some sleep.

Amy and Craig said...

traveling on your own with kiddos is always so hard. Remember that family reunion in McCall. I came back with Strep throat. Love those 4am wake-ups and no naps and nobody to take over for you. Thank goodness you'll have kent in just over a week(it gets harder to have him gone as you get closer to having him back, huh?). By then zeb will be all better!

Cynthia said...

Silly Zeb!Glad to see him smiling, though. Hopefully he is feeling better. In this picture it looks like his legs are getting leaner. Maybe it is all the walking (and sickness).
Poor Leisy! It is no fun to have your child sick, and even worse when your spouse isn't there to help figure things out. But he will be home so soon!!

Kent and Leisy said...

cyndi- i think that you are right about both- the moving and the sickness have definitely leaned him out.