Friday, June 20, 2008

the deployment

My- oh- my. Kent called today at 1:46 PM! I wasn't expecting a call until late tonight so it was a pleasant surprise. They returned from their "deployment" early. I was so worried about him in the humidity with the spiders and the heat- but apparently he was in no discomfort at all. They had heated personal showers, air conditioned tents, and a bigscreen TV on which to watch Ocean's 13. He even said he loved the MRE's he got. During the mock war parts he had to carry injured people on stretchers through sandpits and under wires and all sorts of insane stuff. They also got to do all of the really crazy ropes courses like repelling and climbing up crazy tall poles. They look like so much fun- and I am very glad that he's having such a good time, but I am so ready to see him again. He comes home a week from TOMORROW! The closer it gets the slower time goes! I'm going insane.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe... look at em all, hanging around like tree monkeys :) just 8 days now!!! well 7 if you dont count today since its almost gone!

Michelle said...

Wow. There is NO WAY I would ever call that fun! :)

Zeb sure looks cute in the picture below! I hope he's feeling better and better each day. Can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

I would pay good money to watch Michelle walk out on that log suspended 35 feet in the air. Melynda would pee her pants just watching. I kept saying - I wish my wife were here! because Leisy would eat this stuff up!

Rachael said...

wow!!! Those pictures are incredible. It's awesome that someone spends the day documenting this stuff! I can't think of anything I'd rather NOT do, but I'm really happy Kent got to do it!