Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm for sure going to die. I cannot believe how unbearably hot it is. Really it's the humidity that does me in. Our AC is not working. I turned it on today and after four hours of being on, the temp in our apartment only dropped ONE stinking DEGREE. They are coming to check on it tomorrow. We may be dead by then. For sure Zeb inherited my heat intolerance- or at least Kent's sweatiness. This is a picture of Zeb's sweaty matted hair after just playing in the apartment (enlarge for a more detailed look). Poor little rugrat! we did go swimming today and it was a lot of fun. We had tons of people over (anybody is welcome to come!!) and the pool felt so good. We did have two toddlers jump in without flotation devices, however. I was very impressed with the parent reflexes.
Besides the temps Zeb is as fun as ever. He has been saying all sorts of words the past few days. Most of them are simply him mimicking somebody- but it's fun nonetheless. Some of the young women taught him to say "yes" and he won't stop saying it. He loves the "s" sound! He also said "I love you"- and is actually using "out" regularly and in context. He'll follow commands and when I tell him not to stick his fingers in the sockets or play with plugs he shakes his head at me! I'm so excited to be heading to Utah on Tuesday. We can't wait to see you all in a few short days!!!

9 comments:

Pat and Brent said...

Hope we still have a few cooler days for you here. At least it won't be humid. I've had the heater on the last 2 days. Can't wait to see you and the walking, talking Zebster!

Michelle said...

Yep ... from air conditioning to heater day to day. Weird. I, personally - am sick of the rain.

Bless your hearts. Thank heavens you've got a pool.

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I dont think I could do it, girl! Poor little guy! Hope they get it fixed soon for you!
Ok, I have one question, what is that little girl doing to Zeb? Looks like she totally pushed him!

Well stay cool, go get in the pool again and hope yall enjoy your Friday..

Thanks again for the cool pic! It made my day! I am sure Kent and Tony are getting their rears kicked and loving it!

Cynthia said...

I must have missed the second toddler jumping in. You'll have to fill me in on that later.

Hope your AC got fixed!

Unknown said...

okay Leisy, why is Zeb in pants in this weather?

Unknown said...

That little girl totally looks like she has her foot on Zebber's back and her hand pushing his head! She looks like she's climbing up and over him.

You're in luck. Another cold front coming through Utah next week--just in time for Orem Summer Fest in the rain.

What time do I pick you up from the airport?

Nannie Annie

Kent and Leisy said...

jess- i promise that it was chilly that morning!

Brittney said...

I can't believe Zeb is walking AND talking! He's one smart little one-year-old. And good luck w/ that east-coast humidity! I die every time I visit my family in Pennsylvania during the summertime. Thank goodness for functioning AC!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy that cold front Leis. I'm sure it will be super hot by the time I get out there. I love that picture of Zeb - he is an outside guy. He gets it from you.