Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kent- check out baby hank's favorite toy! For those not already aware- this is the infamous homemade sock monkey of pixie pals 2004. Kent sewed it all by himself for Laney our first Christmas married. It is stuffed with old gym shorts and is lacking arms. The bum also looks exactly like the face.

We are so glad that Hank loves it as much as the rest of us. I can only hope that it is passed down the generations in the Hawes family.

I feel like time has come to a standstill and that Kent is never coming home. Yesterday was the single most terrible day in the 12 months and 13 days that comprise Zeb's life. I'm blaming it on the fact that it was Friday the 13th and that Zeb's social security number ends in 666 (perhaps also that I can see two molars, he had a fever, a cough, misses his dad, and didn't get a wink of sleep all day). This picture, although taken almost one year ago, demonstrates Zeb's emotions yesterday perfectly.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm just waiting for my kids to get sick...it ALWAYS happens when we travel. So sorry it was a rough day. I'm glad you are still blogging.

Zak said...

That monkey puppet is wretched. I love that Kent made it. Hilarious. Didn't he try to make it good and it turned out freaky gross?

Kent and Leisy said...

zak- yeah. the goal was a pleasant sock monkey- but the end result was a mutant.

M- your favorite said...

Sorry about Zeb- I hope he starts feeling better. And gets some sleep. We are sure glad to see you guys. And we will take a terrible zeb anyday. We love you guys so much!

Anonymous said...

Hank and I are going to be good friends - I can feel it.