Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lehi Round up 5K

I don't have much time to write- but KENT IS HOME! His flights were all canceled (of course) but luckily they had rerouted him and he got in only ten minutes later then planned. Unfortunately he has NO luggage. All of his bags were left in Montgomery at the airport but should get here today by four.

We didn't get home till one in the morning- and then got up this morning at six to go and run the 5k! Laney, taylor, Kent, me, Metta, my mum, and a friend Debbie ran it it and we had a blast! It was my mom's first 5K and she was AMAZING. About 400 people ran and they gave out prizes at the end. They gave out about 50 prizes (raffle) and we won TONS of them. It's the Oswald luck. We got a purse, gift card to smart cookie, gift card to Lehi Tack and Feed!?, tickets to Thanksgiving Point Gardens, gummi worms, twenty bucks cash, and free Maggie Moos ice cream cones.

I'll have to get more posted later.

7 comments:

tiffany said...

congrats on winning so much stuff and kent being home.

dockters said...

Hip hip hooray! I'm so glad you have Kent back!! Sounds like a fun race!

Sam was looking at this post with me and he said, "Leisy!! And another Leisy!!" I can't believe that Laney is already running 5k's...amazing!

Molly said...

I agree! She just had a baby. You guys are insane!

Michelle said...

Great work you guys!!

Breanne said...

I'm glad that Kent is home! And Laney is awesome for running a 5K right after having a baby.

David and Jodee said...

Lehi Tack and Feed? Lucky.

brittani c. said...

Welcome home, Kent! Now, relax for the rest of your only summer off :)