Thursday, June 26, 2008

hogle zoo shmoo

Today we went to Hogle Zoo to try and pass some of these insanely long hours! Time is ticking by SO slowly today. We went as soon as it opened (9 AM) so it was neither hot nor crowded and we had a great time. We went up with cousin Hailey, her little guy jack-jack, and some of her in-laws.


Zeb enjoyed being outside and liked looking at the animals- but didn't really get all that excited about them. He loved the play area and the train though! It was his nap time and he was still insanely good. He didn't whine all morning and slept the whole ride home. He is such a pleasant baby when he isn't sick!!!!



It is quite hot today but I can't believe how nice it is in the mornings still! and how pleasant the shade feels! I don't miss that stifling humidity one bit. I am hoping that it doesn't last too long once we get back- but I have a feeling that we are headed home to the worst of it mid-july. Although I am excited to see the fireflies again this summer!






Here's zebby, Hailey, and me on the train.

Just twenty-nine more hours until I see kent!

9 comments:

boysmum2 said...

well done for keeping yourself so super busy while he has been away. You have done so well. Looks like Kent has had a ball at training, good for him.
Have a fab reunion over the weekend.

taylor and laney said...

Are you excited to see Kent? We can't really tell?

Cynthia said...

Sadly, we have been having really nice weather the past two weeks (my home has stayed in the low 70s without the AC on). I am happy for it, but it means you are missing the nice spring weather. We are supposed to start warming up though, to the 80s next week.
By the way, your sunglasses are really cute!

Steve and Hailey said...

Hey we look hot...it was pretty hot. I can't believe how soon you'll see Kent again! Will you ask him to do push-ups at the airport?

Kimberly said...

Are you going (or did you) go to the Gateway yet? I hear there is a new children's muesum there. I can't wait till we go back to Utah to visit.The Alpine slides sound really fun about now up in Park City..I think my boys would love it. Sadly, we won't be out there till December though!

Amy and Craig said...

So today must be your day! I'm so jealous of you and hailey's trip to the zoo. By an odd coincidence I drug my kids to the zoo yesterday too. unfortunately it was really hot here. even though we went at 10am when they opened. we have a zoo pass though so we just stay a while and then head for home and the a/c. love your earrings and both of your sunglasses!

taylor and laney said...

I think hailey's idea is a good one, make kent do pushups at the airport! and make sure and take lots of pictures of him in his blues at the airport.

brittani c. said...

It looks like you are having a ton of fun in Utah. Where did you go on Sunday? I looked for you in sunday school and R.S., and I'm sad I didn't get to really talk to you.
Enjoy the rest of your time in Utah and you'll see Kent again before you know it.

mandi said...

I'm glad you're having a fun time in Utah!! I wish we would have seen you at Summerfest.

I'm not so good at commenting, but I want you to know that I love reading your blog! I love hearing about all your adventures. You guys are awesome. And Zeb is soooo cute!! I'm glad Kent is on his way home!