Friday, June 20, 2008

Zeb has not been eating as well here as at home. He REFUSES anything on utensils! Here is the result after our battle to feed him a smoothie. He'll still eat hot dogs and toaster strudels so he isn't starving- but the screams about spoons are getting on my nerves.
Zeb apparently is not a fan of major change and being on vacation with a toddler is not the most relaxing of vacations! It's been long and rough- but there are some things that are making it okay.

Things that I LOVE about being here.
* The constant supply of fresh Raspberries in my parents' fridge
* The feeling when I get to the top a big hill on my run and get to run down it (no hills in ohio)
* My parents enjoying and playing with Zeb- even in all of his orneriness
* The dry wonderful air!
* cool refreshing air at night
* lots of wonderful cousins and other family members to entertain us and spend time with
* not paying for much of anything :) but don't worry- Kent is spending plenty of our money!
* mowing my parents' lawn. I LOVE mowing lawns
* my sisters

Things that I REALLY miss about Ohio.
* the absence of my allergies
* my bed
* zeb's crib
* a baby-proof house with no big staircases
* zeb's and my friends
* walking group, playgroup, and the library
* my swan creek park and trees!
* our pool
* Bravo and USA (I know, I'm pathetic)
* Pasta Fina :)

Most of all I just can't wait to be with Kent again- regardless of where we are!!! Only six more days. It's been kind of fun to talk to him on the phone everyday and write letters back and forth- it sort of reminds me of when we were in college and on missions- but I really can't wait to get a great big hug from him.

5 comments:

dockters said...

That picture is hilarious! I'm so glad that you and Kent are down to only 6 days!!! It feels like ages since he left...so I can only imagine what it feels like for you!!

Amy and Craig said...

they do suggest having two spoons so that the kid can hold one and you can hold one. Katie learned to eat with a spoon by having thick oatmeal and sometimes yogurt works. I was afraid after seeing the pic that he had puked on himself! yucky!

Anonymous said...

We were talking yesterday about choosing one meal to eat for the rest of your life. I chose the pizza from Pasta Fina! I know what we're doing right when we get back to Ohio! (If I haven't blown all of our $ on MREs and food here!) I'm excited to see family and enjoy the mountains but I really just want my own bed!

Julie Sacks said...

You sound like you are having the same problem when I was there. My allergies were the worst in Utah, it got to the point where I could not ever go out side some days because I needed to recouporate from the previous day (which usually was just walking from the store to the car). Cohen also ate like crap when we were in Utah, maybe it's just a Utah thing because the day we got home, we was all better! Have fun while you are there, I miss the dry heat!

Rachael said...

Yeah, vacation isn't all it's cracked up to be. I usually stay up too late watching chic flicks and talking to my mom and then I'm EXHAUSTED when I get home. But the fun times are worth it. It's great to have company and people excited about everything my kids do. It makes home life seem nice and ordinary, too. Which is good in and of itself, right? There's something great about going somewhere just so you appreciate staying home. :) Thanks for keeping up on posting while you're in Utah. It's fun to see!