Tuesday, June 10, 2008


We've made it to Utah safe and sound- barely. My flight to Denver was CANCELED and the airlines didn't notify me! I found out yesterday because I was checking to see my flight status and it didn't exist. Kent and I have had the WORST luck with flights lately. Different airlines-different modes of purchase- just both canceled!!! Zeb and I ended up taking a six thirty (AM) flight- and had to leave toledo at 3:30. I complained at the ticket counter and got put onto a direct flight to SLC! Zeb did pretty well but was so pooped and only slept about two hours between 3:30 am and 3:30 pm. The mini DVD player saved my sanity. He LOVED the Blue's Clues. I sat next to a wonderful older woman from Temperance, MI headed to SLC with 37 friends to do geneology. None of them were LDS but love the family history center and have been going for seven years now! I am so tired and have got to get some sleep. I'll try and post pictures of Z and hank soon.

It is insanely cold here and is supposed to get into the thirties on thursday! I am wearing a sweatshirt and couldn't be happier. I miss the green but NOT the humidity.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

So glad you made it safe! That is annoying about your flight, good thing you figured it out ahead of time. Glad you are appreciating the cold and dry weather there. We did actually have a nice 70 degree weather day yesterday. Of course it won't last!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made it safely! yea!! My friend who came to visit me had problems with the airline flights being delayed alot. I think that this is unfortunately not going to end anytime soon!

Hope you enjoy your time.. I never dreamed it would be so cold in Utah though! thats nuts! I kind of wish itd get cold here too for a day or two!
best to you! Have fun!

brittani c. said...

Bless you, Leisy. I would be cranky too. Have a good time!

Larry and Cindy said...

Hey Leisy, Glad to hear you are safe and sound in Utah. Is Kent in Nicaragua now? I miss you guys!!! We want to help Kent but with Larry being off work for Knee surg-ery and me not working yet, we will send some as soon as we can, cuz we love you guys!!! Keep in touch and if I could afford the gas I would come see you but I don't see that happening anytime soon but maybe for July 4th (hope hope) Love Ya Muchly, Aunt Cindy