Monday, March 31, 2008

Free baby

I am giving Zeb away (until he can start sleeping well again). This child got up at five again (and slept intermittently until seven-thirty with me on the couch in the front room) and had also gotten up at 12, 1, and 3:30. I thought for sure the lack of sleep would mean a long pleasant nap-but no such luck. The rugrat napped a total of 42 minutes and 37 seconds today (I know that because it's how long I was on the treadmill when I heard his shrill little piggy whine from his crib). He whined like a piglet all day. He's got this terribly runny nose (you should have seen the mucus I extricated with the snot sucker this morning. wow! he's a snot producing machine-definitely a Miller trait) and nasty poo too. All signs of a cold, or teething, or allergies, or just being a ten month old baby. To top it all off, I bet he's eaten at least three full squares of toilet paper today! I cannot figure out where he's finding it. I was sure we had relocated all tp out of his reach. Come to think of it, the ingestion of all the toilet paper may be the explanation for his nasty poos. When he can't find any paper to eat he resorts to socks. Luckily he doesn't try to swallow them, he just chews and slobbers on them.
So I'm just praying that those teeth pop through, or that cold goes away, or he grows out of this phase, or ANYTHING. He's making me bonkers!!!!!!! and then he puts on that cute little smile and I totally forget that he's driving me crazy.

7 comments:

kenna said...

Wow, sounds rough. I'm sure you wouldn't give him away though. Let's be honest...:) Hope you both start sleeping better.

Molly said...

Your blog cracks us up! Piglet. Pigs will eat anything, you know.

toddkmack said...

We'd think about taking Z, but Kimball is keeping us totally busy. Today I got home from work and Betty was about to strangle the little guy. He's DEFINITELY into the terrible twos. It's amazing that he can go from being so sweet to so sour in so short a time. Actually, he's still really sweet, but he's got his moments of two-year-old independence.

Linz said...

Awww, isn't motherhood fun, exciting, easy, and glamorous?
*Snort*

taylor and laney said...

thank you for the description of nasty poos.

Cynthia said...

Of course whenever you are out and about Zeb is wonderfully behaved (like at the library and walking group). Hopefully he will get better at night because that is when it is most important for your sanity because then it means you get enough sleep.

M- your favorite said...

I'LL TAKE HIM! Silly man-he needs to sleep at night. Maybe giving him oatmeal before he is goes to bed will help him sleep through the night. So then he is full all night long. Maybe give it a try. Good Luck!