Saturday, March 1, 2008

This little rugrat has made me insane the past twenty-four hours. If his molars aren't coming in, he better have a pretty darn good excuse for his behavior. Last night was hideous. He didn't have longer than a 2.25 hour stretch of sleep and, coincidentally, neither did I. I'm pooped and the day hasn't been any better. The poor little guy has been miserable and has dozed off sporadically throughout the day for about seven-quarter hour naps. To make matters nightmarishly worse, Kent has a test this week and planned an eight to eight library day! Fortunately for me, I have the best husband in the world and he came home at lunch and surprised me with a trip to Olive Garden for soup and salad (thanks for the gift card met-spaghett!). It was delicious and I was happier. Plus, despite zeb's despondent condition, we got some pretty funny pictures! He's been chewing on his fingers, the medicine bottle, and this "gum massager" for the past full day. Poor little guy. His cheeks are all red and rashy and he's got a fever. He fell asleep once with the tylenol bottle in his mouth. I still love him.










9 comments:

Deneal said...

Bravo for adoring husbands who surprise wives and bravo for selfless moms who never sleep. By the way, I don't feel bad for you. Ashton NEVER slept through the night. I was sleep-deprived until he turned two I think.

dockters said...

poor baby Zeb! That top picture is so sad! I hope those teeth come in quick!

taylor and laney said...

glad to hear that you still love him.

Michelle said...

Ohhhhhhh ... bless his heart. That picture of him asleep with the Tylenol bottle in his mouth like a binky is so cute and funny.

Good luck with the Zombie-ness. That's rough. Hopefully he's doing better today.

Love and miss you guys!

Michelle said...

ps - Zeb's hair looks quite red. Has it gotten more red since we've seen you last?

Pat and Brent said...

AHhhhhhhhh-poor Zebby. Hope he's feeling better soon so everyone else can. Glad those sleepless nights are just a distant memory.
Way to go Kent, you're a good man!

Mark and April Sullivan said...

So I just caught up on your blog. I'm sorry Zeb has been sick! I love those videos of him. I don't know about the candidates this election. I really did want Mitt to make it, so now I'm just confused.

Rachael said...

Grace is doing the same thing and unfortunately, has no molars to account for it. It is SOOO difficult. I hope that Zeb gets all those nasty teeth at the same time and you can all start sleeping again.

and hurray for Kent for taking you out for lunch! What a treat.

Douglass Family said...

Oh the many things to look forward to! Good luck!
Mandy