Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wild animals Galore!















The weather was superbly springy today. I think it got into the fifties! We decided to make today a theme of animals. We went to the zoo and had the place almost entirely to ourselves. a few of the animals were in hiding-including the hippo. I was beyond disappointed. We still saw plenty of lively creatures. Kent and Zeb loved the polar bears and I loved the cockroaches. Melynda loved the penguins and the monkey that hissed at me.The polar bear exhibit is really awe-inspiring. We just sat there and watched them for quite a long time. These ginormous animals just swim and play right at your face with only an inch of glass separating them from us! Zeb wanted to touch them.











We continued our animal adventures by going to The Lion King this evening. Thanks Sacks, for watching the rugrat!! It was wonderful. The music was amazing and the costumes were unreal. We, of course, had seats on the VERY last row again! and, of course, moved up to better seating at intermission. I really loved it. I can't believe how well they recreate the animals' movements with the puppets and costumes. It was just fun to be in the audience and experience the whole thing. It was quite exciting actually.
I love spring break and I love visitors.

9 comments:

boysmum2 said...

I have always wanted to see the Lion King how lucky you are.
The polar bear also looked fun. My 2 would have loved that as they love watching the sea lions swim past the window at the zoo.

Katie and Steve said...

I saw it in Phoenix, and loved it as well. I couldn't get over how spectacular it was. The thing that hit me the most was the grandness of everything, and you never know where to look. It is amazing.

I'm so glad that you guys are having fun, but we are missing our Leisy and Zeb fix. I guess blogs fill the void a bit. Just hurry back.

BradandBecca said...

Hey guys-I'm not sure if Brad's left a follow-up comment on your blog yet-he has a test today so we haven't communicated well this week-you know how it goes. Anyway-don't you just love visitors coming out? And yes we did get a bigger place so you guys have more room to stretch out when you come to visit! We were going to decide if we wanted to fly or drive back to Utah/California once the baby is here. We'd go sometime in June (again not to be determined until Alexis comes...our lives already revolve around her) and if we do drive we for sure were planning on coming to see you. Zeb is THE cutest little boy ever! What are your plans for the summer?

Anonymous said...

So happy the weather is getting a little warmer. We love the polar bears at the zoo. So fun! That is awesome that you were able to go The Lion King, it sounds amazing!

Rachael said...

I totally LOVE polar bears. Especially when they swim. and I love taking my kids to the zoo. How fun!!

tiffany said...

looks like fun i love the momkeys and griaffes at the zoo.

Pat and Brent said...

For a minute I thought you really were riding the tortoises (torti?). What a fun zoo. That Polar bear is so cool. Looks like Zeb was intrigued. The Lion King looks like a lot of fun too.

Michelle said...

torti, mom? hahahahaha

That sounds like an amazing day. We'll be happy to get Melynda back.

Deneal said...

Oh I think Ashton would be a big fan of your zoo! The cockroaches...yuck!! Glad you are having so much fun with your out-of-towners! And I'm jealous you got to see The Lion King, I'd love to see that someday.