Monday, March 3, 2008

new president! big elections! change your clocks!

So, I've got to get in a few posts today because our internet is on the brink of self destruction. The fix it man is coming Wednesday! Let's just hope we can make it that long. Right now we can only get on blogs and only about 50% of the time can I read and/or make comments. When it does work, it takes AGES . Many times I have just given up and decided the fates do not want me to comment.

This blog has become my journal. Luckily for me, my journals have always been public domain. I can't lie down for bed at night unless I have posted something...anything. Thus my scatterbrainedness in posts, thoughts, and opinions. Somedays I just spew what's on my mind. Enjoy today's regurgitated musings.

"Dmitri Medvedev (dimitri of the bears!), first deputy prime minister of President Vladimir Putin's cabinet, won a landslide victory in Sunday's presidential election". It kind of makes you worried when the acceptance speech is given by Putin, the exiting President, rather then by the President Elect. I heard one news report today calling Dmitri the "marionette of puppetmaster Putin". Sometimes it appears that Russia is moving backwards and it makes me so nervous.

Hooray that we have at least somewhat better electoral processes here! Tomorrow we have to battle the lines at the local elementary school to vote! I would love to see a line, but I'm assuming it won't be too bad. I'm so excited about it. I love going to bed at night when I know something exciting is happening the next day! don't you?!

Lastly, Maybe I've just not been paying attention, but I cannot believe that it is already clock changing time! and there's nothing worse then losing that hour! luckily (due to stake conference) church starts half an hour later anyway. Really, it'll be like losing half an hour.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I hate the "Spring Forward" too ... as far as losing time goes. But, I LOVE having it stay light longer - and just feeling more Springy! :) Love you guys!

taylor and laney said...

russia is going to pot. the word out here is that they are seriously pulling back (like almost stopping for the time benig) on american missionaries being sent over. they are either denying the visas or making it too dificult to register and renew. I am not sure about the rumor, but I am checking into it. and I read an article in the economist that says Medvedev has a little bit more promise than Putin for a little more westernisation. Not much, seeing as how he is a puppet, but some. We'll see.

Molly said...

I love the spring forward! I'd gladly give three hours for spring to come sooner!

Shelly and Ken said...

Thanks for reminding me of the spring forward thing. I must be tuning it out too cause I don't remember hearing anything about it. I hate the whole daylight savings thing. It is so hard with kids. They are all messed up and grumpy for at least a week.

Ryan said...

Kent and Leisy?!! I'm glad I found you guys. This is Ryan Whitaker. I was reading Jordan Romney's blog which linked to Alexis Gustin's blog which linked to Breanne (formerly) Ramey's blog which led me to you and Laney. It's been fun to catch up (in a totally impersonal way) by reading your blog. You should drop by ours sometime.

Go Obama!

Rachael said...

actually, it's weird but with kiddos it's like gaining an hour. They'll start sleeping til 8 instead of 7 because it'll seem like 7. They are backwards. I can never quite get my mind around it, to tell you the truth. It's because I grew up in AZ and never changed clocks, right?