Sunday, March 9, 2008

So, two of my greatest dreams came true this weekend!

First, we got a PACKAGE. I have this insane adulation towards mail. I am rather eager about checking the mail each day. I get so excited when I hear the jangling of the mail lady's keys. I seriously get all worked up about the moneysaver ads and the valupak coupons! Honestly, I prefer things from actual people, but just about anything will make me smile a little. So, yesterday we got an early easter package from our most wondrous Ohio psuedofamily--the Starkeys. Zeb is obsessed with the rabbit. He has been attacking it all day today! we also got two books, one about a doctor amongst the Amish, and, Are You Ticklish, a touch and feel (Zeb's FAVORITE type of book) animal book. Thank you so much Kathy! We love everything and we can't wait to see you guys soon!

Number two dream come true- I've been weary about posting this for fear that it will get out to the wrong people and my happiness will be spoiled, but I can't contain my excitement. Remember how the internet man came this week? to figure out what was going on with our connection? well, he fixed it. Apparently the cable company has been having this problem for awhile now, but the "trap" that blocks the cable tv has been interfering with the internet and the only way to fix it was to remove the trap. Consequently, we now have CABLE!! and we don't have to pay for it!!! We don't get the whole slew of stations, but we've gotten enough to make me quite giddy. We get USA, the Food network, Discovery Health, CNN, ESPN, crystal clear Bravo (it was fuzzy before), and a few others. Kent and I have been glued to the late night surgeries on discovery health! let's hope our desire to watch every cool surgery wanes as we become more accustomed to it!

8 comments:

Ryan said...

Congratulations on your cable TV! Be careful, though. Pretty soon you'll be upgrading to the cable box with the DVR and buying a fancy HDTV. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

And thanks for visiting our blog. I was delighted to see that you'd visited and even added us to your high school friends list! I'm honored.

boysmum2 said...

I love the mail man too. Although I know have 2 munchkins that love getting any type of mail before me, so it has been a while since I got to check the mail box. But I have the joy of the computer mail box and that is usually all for me :)

Lyndsay said...

Sorry, Leisy. I felt it was my civic duty to alert the cable company of this. Why should you get cable for free when we have to pay?

Cynthia said...

I love getting mail, too. I hate how on minor holidays the mail doesn't come. I am disappointed. though, if it is only advertisments. One of my favorites is when magazines come in the mail.

Unknown said...

Your best mail ever had to be from Bob Barker.

tiffany said...

i love getting mail too except for bills i get those alot latley however packages are great. congrats on the cable how can i get that for free well i have cable and no internet refuse to pay that much so i use my parents internet when im here

brittani c. said...

I'm speechless. I'll try not to covet. :)

Anonymous said...

E-VIL! Don't watch it, it will suck you into the dark side. I'm warning you--don't do it.

We didn't have cable when you were a baby and look at how well you turned out.

You've been warned.