Thursday, March 20, 2008

happy birthday to the relief society (and tomorrow to ME!, Laney!, and jessica! ) and to the rest of you March birthdayers.

I feel like this week has been a week of birthday celebrations just for me!! really, most everything has been for Easter or the relief society, but it has been great nonetheless! Laney and Taylor were here Sunday, we had a great Easter party for playgroup wednesday, Kent didn't have school Monday (that's a celebration in and of itself), we had book club with amazing treats and walking group on tuesday, I went out with the sisters to the coolest girls house EVER today, we had the relief society birthday party tonight, my dear friend rachel (pictured above) gifted me with this lovely crown (which I wore for a bit and then told her she could actually keep it) and treated me to a viewing of her copy of Enchanted, and I was bombarded by cards (and some great rice krispy treats) from some great friends! it's not even my birthday yet! I am so spoiled and so dang happy. I told Kent that I feel like it's been my birthday everyday this week.

I share the month of March with the relief society and there's always a big dinner/party which usually falls in my birthday week! there is nothing better than extra festivities around your birthday (unless it's Christmas. I would be livid if I had a Christmas birthday). On March 17 the relief society turned 166 and tonight we celebrated! I am so grateful for the relief society (here comes a little bit of cheesyness). I think that the rs is so wonderful. I love the support it renders, I love the people that it brings together! Every relief society I've ever been in has been absolutely wonderful.

Happy Birthday to the Relief Society too!!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Leisy! Don't you love Friday birthdays?

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a great one!

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday! I hope Kent has lots of surprises for you today!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Leisy....I LOVE
reading your blog. Grandma Carol

tiffany said...

happy birthday

yaya said...

Big Happy Birthday Leisy! Your blog is the best and Zeb is the cutest and Taylor is just darn lucky to have you both!

yaya said...

Leisy, I'm suffering from Old age brain I think. I ment to say KENT is lucky to have you both. He's a great man and a wonderful birthday suprise giver!

boysmum2 said...

Steve's birthday is Boxing Day (Dec 26) it has its difficult moments I can tell you!