Monday, May 19, 2008

As of last week we are totally done with bottles! It was a far easier task then I had anticipated! He loves water and milk and is only mildly fond of juice. I think that I may have done him a disservice with the bottle though. I didn't let him hold it and feed himself because I didn't want him to be running/crawling around with bottle in tow (I think it would have made him much harder to wean) so I always held it when he ate. Now the poor kid is trying to learn how to tip the sippy cups by himself! He is starting to use his hands but check him out doing it hands free. When he does use his hands he still does the whole body motion. I actually think it's pretty cute.


I love that Zeb is understanding what I ask and tell him now! It is so fun to see him respond to tasks and do things. He's learning body parts right now- but has only had success with the nose (and only on other people's faces - not his own).

9 comments:

Zak said...

That's AMAZING. I think we need to be friends somehow. I want to see Zeb- he's adorable. And for some reason I feel close to him... I think it is the three letter name that starts with a Z. Hey, and both of our real names start with Z and are seven letters long! Wow. This comment is one that everybody is glad to read.

Erin said...

That is hilarious. He's going to turn out to be an amazing multi-tasker like his parents!

Michelle said...

Zac - I was SO glad to read your comment. :)

Zeb is so stinkin' cute!

Congrats on the weaning. That is H..E..double toothpicks here at my house! ;)

Leslie said...

I did the same thing with Emma--not letting her hold her bottle. For me it was because I didn't want her to make a mess or throw her bottle across the room. I was sooo regretting that when I would see other babies happily feeding themselves. Emma totally "milked" the situation to the very end; she refused to hold it when I tried to make her.

I'm facing the same problem now with feeding her real food. I'm afraid to let her do it on her own because she's messy. I'm way too OCD.

P.S. Kudos to Zeb for the hands-free sippy. He's pretty resourceful.

Anonymous said...

That is why Leisy feeds Zeb and I bathe him and get him ready for bed! I can't handle when he rubs his eyes when he has food all over his hands. It doesn't seem to bother Leisy as much as it bothers me.

Linz said...

Congrats on weaning! I threw out our bottles about a week before Andrew's birthday. He didn't have any choice. He learned sippy cups quickly. =D

Zeb is a cutie!!

M- your favorite said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to see him! He is going to be ONE so soon! I love it! What a cute little man!

Julie Sacks said...

Now that he is understanding what you tell him to do, you need to put that kid to work, that's what kids are for right?! I can't wait till Cohen can help clean and vacuum.

Unknown said...

That is the cutest thing I have seen a kid do!!!! It put and smile on my face and laughed.