Saturday, May 17, 2008



The dart frog dash!
Kent and I got up bright and early to run the zoo's annual 5k! It was great. My favorite parts were the bleating lambs and the fresh aroma of elephant dung. I loved running past all of the animals and through the zoo's gardens but I didn't love that the very end of the race was UPHILL. Who makes the end of a race UPHILL?!? thank heavens that it was followed by a downhill as well.


Zeb did wonderfully in his stroller- and both Kent and I made pretty good time. They gave free fruit and bagels at the end- and free massages! I couldn't believe how many people ran the race. It was INSANE. We saw a few ward friends- and met lots of other funny people. One man offered to run Zeb's stroller up the hill with me! Thankfully our regular running route involves hills and we were just fine.

10 comments:

Deneal said...

What a fun race, through a zoo! You guys are great.

taylor and laney said...

did i ever tell you about the 5k i ran in washington dc with 55,000 other people?!

Wanamakers said...

Way to go! That sounds like so much fun. You guys are awesome.

Christine said...

Hey Kent and Leisy! Way fun website. That orb is crazy. I can't believe that! You two look so happy and sweet together. Glad to see things going your way!! Holy Toledo...you guys have a TON of blogging friends. That rules.

Cynthia said...

That is a lot of people in the race. I didn't know that many people would congregate in one place here in Toledo. The frog dash must be the 5K to run here!

Pat and Brent said...

Looks like fun (except the uphill part). Kent, didn't you help push the stroller part way?

Michelle said...

Seriously, Leisy ... FRESH elephant dung?!? hahahahahhahahahahah.

Way ta go, you guys!

Michelle said...

By the way - is that sign you guys are standing by for reals? THAT is out of control.

Kenna said...

I was so excited last year when I ran the Dart Frog Dash that the race started on the other side of the pedestrian bridge...yes, we don't have to run over it. Imagine my disappointment as I ran toward it at the end of the race! I am impressed you did it pushing Zeb! Are you signing up for the metroparks 5K June 21?

Susan said...

I love that you are running together. I need to get Kenny off his duff and run with me too!