Monday, May 12, 2008

The camera battery was charging and so I only got a camera phone shot of zeb at the zoo today. He refused to look at me. And I apologize about the nursing primate- strange choice for a bronze statue, huh? Zeb took four steps at the zoo today! He walks- and it's so funny to watch. He seems too little to be walking. We had a fabulous time at the zoo. Somehow Kent and I have missed the coolest parts of the zoo everytime we've gone! We always wondered why the primate section was so lame- now I realize we just never found it. I called Kent immediately and we are going sometime before his air force departure (which is getting scarily close).

This Saturday Kent and I (and Z) are running the Dart Frog Dash at the zoo. Zeb is stoked. He's been really good at just sleeping during our runs lately. People look at me like I'm abusing him but he really does like it-usually. I'm mostly excited for the t-shirt. That's why I run races anyway. We'll get some good pictures.

Here's another pic of zeb that a friend took!

8 comments:

tiffany said...

o how i have missed going to zoos i dont go very often in fact it has been several years since i have been to one but i love them. that zeb is darling

Erin said...

Good luck on your run! And I think it's fabulous to have a zoo so large you discover new parts every time!

taylor and laney said...

that is a weird statue

Amy and Craig said...

yeah, it's all about the t-shirt to me too. My fav are the road race and my turkey trot shirt!

Walnut said...

WOW look at Zeb's huge gorilla hand coming out of his sleeve. looks like he is grabbing the monkeys belly

The Jackson Family said...

I am so proud of you for keeping up on your running! You are an inspiration for me! I am so excited to see you guys so soon, Zeb will for sure be walking!

D. said...

I've been a blog-lurker until now. I am glad to hear that you two are doing so well. And yes, Zeb is way cute. I just posted about our stinky locker from junior year, Kent. Ckeck it out if you want.

Diana

Michelle said...

Yeah - that statue is pretty bizarre-O! :) Why was Zeb refusing to look at you? That's some pretty good attitude he's got going there. haha!