Saturday, May 24, 2008

day one of fun- ZOO

Yesterday after classes we went to the zoo. We love the zoo! The hippo kept circling his pond and swimming right past us over and over. At one point he even pooed right in front of us. Hippos do strange stuff with their poo- they swirl it around with their tails and play with it.


Most of the other animals were out and about yesterday too and we finally made it to the primates. There is something so fascinating about watching hominids. We had a pretty strange experience with the chimps and their pee. The one chimp peed and the baby chimp drank it as it came out. I tried to get a good picture. Kent and I were laughing pretty hard.

We also got to hear a little "3 Doors Down" while we were wandering about. They had a concert at the amphitheater there at the zoo that night and were rehearsing.

Zeb went to bed early and Kent and I ordered pizza with a gift card I'd gotten for my birthday. It came from a new pizza place here called "Donatos". Five out of five stars for taste! Definitely the best place for takeout pizza here in Toledo. I absolutely LOVE pizza. I can't wait to get to Utah and try that new pizza place in orem- Pizzeria 712! I hear it's amazing. Only two more weeks!!!!

8 comments:

boysmum2 said...

You have had so much going on!
Well done to Kent on completing his first year. All the best for the 5 hard weeks ahead, to you both.
Leisy you are truely wonderful supporting him through all this, lets hope you get to do what you want aswell one day and have such wonderful support behind you.
Have a fab summer even if you are apart for lots of it.

Wanamakers said...

Congrats to Kent! You guys should come visit us in Boston. On one street in out town almost every other store is a pizza place and they are all Italian family businesses! We'll be in Utah May 29th to June 13th. Any overlap?

Kristen said...

I love the zoo too! And now I can thank you for opening my eyes to the unusual bathroom behavior of animals. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for the poo playtime of the Hippos next time Matt and I visit the zoo!

Anonymous said...

We have quite a few "potty" stories from our quant little zoo. Don't ask! Makes you appriciate that fact that we are human.

tiffany said...

as much as i love zoos and reading your blog about zoos the poo and pee is to much information for me i deal with that stuff at work glad you had fun

Dan said...

Leisy, I love your blog! Congrats to Kent on being an LT. He looks pretty sharp in mess dress, and I hope he enjoys doing pushups in the Alabama mud!

Susan said...

The pizza at Pizzeria 712 is pretty good, but the service is bad. Plus, no ice in the water, weird! The best pizza by far in Utah is Two Jacks in Sp. Fork. Their cheese sticks are to die for!

Amy and Craig said...

Taylor and I did a mom and tot class at the zoo about Giraffes and the one giraffe peed while all the little 2 and 3 yr olds were there observing for the class and the other giraffe just stuck out it's tongue and drank the pee as it came out. Then we went to the jaguars and they were mating! good times at the zoo!