Sunday, May 18, 2008

Leisy - wonder woman. Me - not so much

I married wonder woman. Leisy never ceases to amaze me! After a really long night with Zeb, we got up and prepared to go to church early. Why? Because Leisy had to set up for sharing time and practice for the musical number. That's not a misprint - practice for the musical number in sacrament meeting. This is huge. When Leisy knew me in highschool she refused to sing if I was sitting next to her in church. When we started dating and went to church together she would actually sing. She told me if I ever made a big deal about it she would stop. The quartet of sisters was really good - Leisy even had a duet during the song! Leisy taught primary, pulled off sharing time with smashing success and dealt with a really cranky Zeb. I had a less than successful Sunday. I forgot the rolls for Priesthood, struggled with the hymn in opening exercises and ignored Zeb while filling in for the missing primary pianist. How can Leisy do everything so well?? She is wonder woman - I don't have any other explanations.

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I've had similar suspicions, Kent.
Beautiful song today, Leisy!

Unknown said...

She has pretty much always been amazing.

Michelle said...

Yep ... energy flowing over. No wonder Zeb is so curious and adventurous and full of life ... and saying his first words before the age of 1 ... and, well, the list goes on and on. Leisy - you ARE amazing. I am so happy to have you in my life!

Kent - you are quite the sidekick, though - you have to admit. :)

Cynthia said...

Yes, Leisy is amazing, but don't be so hard on yourself Kent. Great people surround themselves with great people- that's why she is married to you and she's my friend!

Unknown said...

What do you mean you don't know how Leisy can do everything so well?

Hello! Did you forget who her mother is?

anonymous mother-in-law