Sunday, May 18, 2008

please don't go to south bend, emilee!

This weekend has been a weekend of conquering (or at least attempting to) fears and trying new things. I don't know if I'll ever sing in sacrament meeting again (I was absolutely terrified) but this next new thing may be a keeper.

After the race on Saturday, Kent dropped me off at the church for a sewing activity -can you believe I signed up for it? a wonderfully talented and patient woman (thank-you thank-you thank-you emilee) gave up her day and taught us all to to make dresses and skirts. I only got a picture of the dresses- but some of the sisters wore their skirts to church today and looked fabulous. The pictures don't do justice to these amazing little peasant dresses. They are empire waisted- and are bunched at the neck and sleeves. I CANNOT believe that I made this dress from scratch- and I can't believe how cute they all turned out. So, now I don't want Emilee (the seamstress) to move to South Bend because I want to do a sewing saturday every month!

I couldn't help but dress up Zeb in it! Later in life he will KILL me for doing this (and Kent is already pretty irate) but I really wanted to see what the dress looked like on. Zeb was pretty unhappy- but we did get one good picture. He's a pretty cute little girl I'd have to say :)
Click on the picture to get a better look at the empire waist.

16 comments:

Linz said...

So cute!! He is really pretty.

Good job on the dress! You rock!

taylor and laney said...

taylor says you are a bad mother for putting him in dress. i think he really is an adorbale little girl.

brittani c. said...

The boy will be scarred for life. No wonder he was so cranky on Sunday! By the way, Primary was fantastic. I loved it :)

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

I love to sew - it is immediate gratification and satisfies the creative side! I remember sewing two little jumpers for you and your sister when you were about Zeb's age. You did a great job for a first-timer.

Lyndsay said...

Is this a petition? If so, count this as my anti-Indiana-Wells signature.
Zeb really does quite well as a little girl. Impressive handiwork!

Anonymous said...

Did you just happen to have a scallopped edge sweater handy, or did you run out and buy it complete the look?

Kent and Leisy said...

taylor- I had the sweater handy. You did know that I had boxes of boy AND girl clothes before Zeb showed up, didn't you?

Jason & Shannon said...

Poor Zeb. It's a good think he won't remember this, and you can always use it for blackmail when he gets older. Just kidding, they are really funny pictures though, and you did do a great job!

Jill Lau said...

I love the dress. I should have made one. Maybe you guys can teach me since you are pros now. I'm afraid I don't think Zeb is the cutest girl. No offense He is just a very handsome and adorable boy!!! I would have done the same thing and Glen would have killed me. How funny!

Leslie said...

I have to somewhat agree with the commenter just before me. Although I LOVE the dress, Zeb just looks like too much of a boy. Which is actually a compliment to him. Most little boys dressed in girl clothes could easily be mistaken for girls. But Zeb just LOOKS all boy.

I would have done the same thing you did. I remember putting mascara on my little brother when he was 3. He just had beautiful long eyelashes and I couldn't let them go to waste.

M- your favorite said...

WHAT GET IT OFF!!

No just kidding he is such a pretty baby. I love it!

Kent-We used to dress you in dresses. You LOVED it! :)

kiss, kiss!

Unknown said...

I feel the SAME way about singing and sewing. i really wish I could be good at them. I got a sewing machine for Christmas but still havent used it. I WILL LEARN! And i just barely started singing with nate when we have FHE.

Kimberly said...

work it, work it...jk! That is really cute and funny. Good job on the dress! I missed out!

Michelle said...

Omiheck! You guys are going to have THE cutest girls EVER. Time to get crackin'!! HAHAHAHA.

Rachael said...

how funny is that?! Derek would kill me, too. But what a laugh! I have a pattern like that dress and have used it tons - for nightgowns, too. Love it!

Deneal said...

Hate to say it, but Zeb makes a pretty dang cute girl.