Saturday, May 31, 2008

thank heavens for the church!

I was super worried about weekends without Kent. I thought for sure I'd be sitting at home wallowing in my solitude. Today was by far the busiest day of Kent's absence. I am so grateful that I have the church to keep me busy!

Zeb and I woke up early to go running and beat the heat- but unfortunately we caught the humidity at its worst. Sweat was dripping off my face. I loathe humidity. I feel like I'm not getting enough air into my lungs. Kent, on the other hand, loves humidity because it makes it easier for him to breathe.

After our run we went to a great primary activity. I really have come to love the little kidlets. Zeb loves playing in the nursery and interacting with everybody so he was in heaven.

After the primary activity I took Zeb home to sleep. The neighbors listened for/watched him while I went on to our YW hike (thank-you lindsay)! Zeb was in heaven at the neighbor's- he experienced his first entire self-fed popsicle and relished every last drop. I think molars are coming in because he refused anything but grapes, yogurt, and popsicles today.

We did the five-miler hike in preparation for camp. I'm super upset that I can't go to camp this year (we'll be in Utah). I love the YW age group. I think that it's my favorite age to work with. The hike was a blast! It wasn't so humid and most of the trails were shaded. We found some cool vines to swing off and had lots of great trail snacks.












Here are a few of us enjoying a little lunch break half way through the hike. If you enlarge the second picture you can EASILY tell who was enjoying themselves and who wasn't! Being around these girls really makes me miss teaching school.
This evening I fed the sisters dinner and then we attended a baptism of a new ward member! I love going to baptisms. Tonight's was a little more difficult because Zeb was tired and trying to run around- but it was great nonetheless.

I would surely go crazy with Kent gone if I didn't have so much to do and so many great people to keep me busy (and feed us dinner- thanks ellen and jill! and cyndi!). I LOVE the church and its programs. I am a little worried about going to church tomorrow though. Usually Kent and I take turns managing Z man- but tomorrow he's all mine.

I figure all of this is good practice for the many years ahead. Life is only going to get busier and more hectic with Kent in his rotations and residency!

4 comments:

M- your favorite said...

I bet you did great with little Zeb. I'm glad that you had fun with the Y.W.

It's great to have good neighbors. Hang in there!

Michelle said...

Leisy - you are so energetic and fun! The youth are lucky to have you. Keeping busy is key when hubbies are gone. Of course - I feel like I need to relax ... and THAT'S hard with Ty gone.

Anyway - good luck ... not that you need it ... you guys are in my prayers!

Lyndsay said...

I've decided that we are no longer able to fly under the radar with church busy-ness. It's a sad day.

Jenny and Jake said...

I love the look on some of the girls faces, i am glad they survived:)